• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gotta show off somewhere... New Mcrees Stock

deadnbrkn84

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Portland, OR
I just picked up my new Mcrees stock stock. I absolutely love it, these pictures make the green look a lot lighter then it is. It's a really nice dark OD green. I'm glad to be done with the Hogue stock the rifle came with. I also sold my PST and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Razor tomorrow. After that, I'm just waiting on a Timney trigger and she should be done for now. I had to tell someone, because the girlfriend just kinda glazes over when I start talking about it.

Rifle is an 700 AAC-SD .308

Here it is with the action in the stock:
IMAG0171.jpg

Here it is with the Eagle stock pack and the OD Hogue grip. I wanted a black grip but all the store had today was the OD green. Can't decide if it's to much or not...
IMAG0172.jpg

Re: Gotta show off somewhere... New Mcrees Stock

If she glazes over when you talk about it, you need to get her out shootin!! Having someone to shoot with and talk about it makes all the difference in the world!!

Nice stick by the way...

DK

I like the od grip and wouldn't change it, post a range report asap

Stay with the OD grip! Nice rig!!!

Don't get me wrong. She enjoys shooting for sure. It's just when I start talking about the specifics like muzzle breaks, bedding a stock, etc. It's just a bit to much.

Yeah the OD green grip is growing on me. I think it's gonna stay.

Looking good. I am saving my pennies for another McRee. Will be getting one in FDE to put my Rem700 AAC into.

I had the hogue grip on my McRee. I didnt like it. It forces your hand into a less than desireable position.

I think it looks FANTASTIC!!!!!. I'm not "glazing over", like MY wifey does. I don't even bother, anymore. I walked in,from the range, and told her I just shot a 5/16 group. She said;"The dog pooped in the living room, clean it up!. They won't get it, unless they get involved. The only thing is, you have to "worry about it", later. I taught my wife to shoot pistols, right after we got married. I've worried about that, every time I come home late.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshboucher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing is, you have to "worry about it", later. I taught my wife to shoot pistols, right after we got married. I've worried about that, every time I come home late. </div></div>

Priceless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chase Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the hogue grip on my McRee. I didnt like it. It forces your hand into a less than desireable position. </div></div>

Interesting. I've got Houge's on all my AR's an LOVE them. I think they are by far the most comfortable. I obviously haven't shot the Mcrees yet so I don't know about one on this stock. What grip did you end up running instead?

FYI Mcree had a sale going on certain chassis action like 670 with free shipping.
Not definite on the price though.

He has a special for $745 shipped with a free 5rd mag? That's the only thing I've seen. It's on his home page. I got it for $735 locally yesterday, no mag though.

Looks good man. Mcrees are a good setup. A little heavy but a solid rig

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadnbrkn84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has a special for $745 shipped with a free 5rd mag? That's the only thing I've seen. It's on his home page. I got it for $735 locally yesterday, no mag though. </div></div>

Your right. Mind was playin tricks on me.

So I had a bunch of new stuff coming for the rifle. I sold off my PST in lieu of a Razor, ordered a Timney Trigger, new rings etc. Got it all torqued, and put took it our briefly to the range last night to zero in the scope. Here's some pictures of the completed rifle. Can't argue with bug hole groups at 100yrds. I'm heading back out today to see what it does at 200/300.

Really love the setup so far but it aint light. Comes in with stock pack, and sling at 15.8lbs.
eek.gif

On to the pictures:
IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

Damn. That looks sick! Keep the OD grip.

Nice looking rifle! Looks like it shoots too
smile.gif

TCGC sure is nice, isn't it? So glad I joined.. open til 9 for 100 yard rifle is really helpful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshboucher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it looks FANTASTIC!!!!!. I'm not "glazing over", like MY wifey does. I don't even bother, anymore. I walked in,from the range, and told her I just shot a 5/16 group. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">She said;"The dog pooped in the living room, clean it up!.</span></span></span></span> They won't get it, unless they get involved. The only thing is, you have to "worry about it", later. I taught my wife to shoot pistols, right after we got married. I've worried about that, every time I come home late. </div></div>

Sounds like my EX-WIFE. Her dogs, her cats, her shit and piss on the floor...

Rule of thumb on <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> FAMILY pets is, he/she who discovers also has responsibility to clean up.
Since you taught her how to shoot, teach her how to clean up dog shit too...

Nice rifle, have to think about something like that for my next stock!

Seen it in person yesterday, have to say thats one mean looking stick...

Those stocks are freakin awesome! Got to play with them at SHOT and was very impressed to say the least. I will be getting one soon. Nice rig and I like the bubble level.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadnbrkn84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm heading back out today to see what it does at 200/300.

Really love the setup so far but it aint light. Comes in with stock pack, and sling at 15.8lbs.
eek.gif

On to the pictures: </div></div>

Mind if I ask where you are shooting at? That looks like a GREAT range - and at night?!? I'm just north of ya - up in Vancouver...(work in N. PDX)
I've always gone to Clark since it's 20 min from the house....but they aren't open at night.
smile.gif

Trevor

ETA - forgot to comment on the set-up: very nice!

Keep the OD grip looks great

Thank you all for the comments. I'm really enjoying the new setup a lot. shoots very well. Still trying to get hand placement correct for pulling the trigger straight back. Not used to the pistol grip setup for precision but I'm coming along nicely with it.

As far as the range blacktaco it's Tri County Gun Club in Sherwood. Probably the nicest range I've ever shot at. They have everything you could want, and like you noticed the 100yrd is open until 9pm with stadium style lights. Definitely worth looking into. What do you shoot? Maybe you could tag along sometime

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadnbrkn84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you all for the comments. I'm really enjoying the new setup a lot. shoots very well. Still trying to get hand placement correct for pulling the trigger straight back. Not used to the pistol grip setup for precision but I'm coming along nicely with it.

As far as the range blacktaco it's Tri County Gun Club in Sherwood. Probably the nicest range I've ever shot at. They have everything you could want, and like you noticed the 100yrd is open until 9pm with stadium style lights. Definitely worth looking into. What do you shoot? Maybe you could tag along sometime </div></div>
Yea - it looks awesome. Thanks for the offer. Clark Rifle outside of Vancouver is where I normally shoot (bench) (about 20 min from my house). They have mulitple ranges with a 300yd max. I usually shoot every other Sunday. As far as what I shoot - .308 LTR, multiple AR's in .223/5.56, and bolt 30-06's (Tikka/Howa).

Looks very nice and I intend to make my next build using this stock. BTW, what model stock pack is that?

Here's a pic for ya with the OD green stock and black grip. The cheek piece is a neoprene material I'm working on for possible future sales....been talking to Scott about it.

Anyhow, I love my chassis'. One is Remy long action in 510 Whisper. Other is FN SPR. Scott makes a GREAT product and matches it with his customer service.
Steve

510Whisper.jpg

Love my mcree also. You really ought to try the mcree stock pack it is awesome. Also, the bag rider + weight plate combo are a dream off the bench..and really rides the bag well.

Nice setup. Keep the green grip.

Herr.Baer has his AAC-SD in a Mcree's as well...The way the shorter barrel sits in that chassis makes it look really solid.

Tmpohuski7 talked me into getting mine. I replaced the A2 grip with an ergo in FDE. Here is a pic of mine prior to grip replacement, and a 5 shot 100yd group I shot off the bench (rear bag) last weekend.

556276_419102381433503_732149908_n.jpg

527678_450201708323570_647312453_n.jpg

Nice rifle , I didn't like this style stock at first but it's growing on me every time I see one

Just got a gen 4 and love it! Besides all the holes on the stock what is the difference between gen 4 and gen 5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice setup. Keep the green grip.

Herr.Baer has his AAC-SD in a Mcree's as well...The way the shorter barrel sits in that chassis makes it look really solid.

Tmpohuski7 talked me into getting mine. I replaced the A2 grip with an ergo in FDE. Here is a pic of mine prior to grip replacement, and a 5 shot 100yd group I shot off the bench (rear bag) last weekend.

556276_419102381433503_732149908_n.jpg

527678_450201708323570_647312453_n.jpg
</div></div>

Dibby..what is your stick painted with? I love the look of that camo job. Mine is od green..been contemplating duracoat or hydro-dip. If I knew it would turn out that good with duracoat or cerakote id definetly do it.

It's a version of cerakote that Predator Custom shop calls "rhinohide". Jim Ruiz painted it freehand, and I think he did a darn good job. He gave me crap for not painting the scope to match, but I didn't want it married to the rifle forever.

Check it out here

Forgive a stupid question, but would one of the owners mind measuring the distance from the recoil lug to the bipod spud?

looks good, although i'm not a fan of the open holes going to the butt of the gun, which i'm guessing for adjustment.

also what knob is that?

On my full length forend there are 4 holes. From lug to first it's 8.062, 8.875, 9.25, 9.688 hope that helps.

Those are some nice rigs!
I was squaded with scott mcree this past weekend at mammoth, along with with george reinas, chris reed and pedro ortiz.
First off- what a great group of guys.....
Second- i was able to study mcrees tmag chasis very closely. This is a very well thought out chasis. I spoke with these guys at length and i was amazed at the level detail that went into this system. It can be configured to fit virtually any application.
Scott has clearly made a commitment to producing a precision tool that works in both form and function.
My shooting partner and i will be swapping our Ai chasis out for 2 mcrees.