• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gradous AR10 6.5 Creedmoor

Bob L Swagger

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2010
Base of the Appalachians
The legendary bolt rifle man, Robert Gradous, has ventured in the gasser world... I’m awaiting dies but in the mean time I tried Hornady 140 eld factory match ammo. I’m looking forward to seeing what it’ll do once broken in & a load development has been completed. More reports to come!! Thank you again Mr. Gradous!!! HUGE props to Insite Arms!! Their brakes are TOP OF THE LINE!!!! Thank you Harley!!

BCEDAC8B-8DCF-4604-8C4F-596799A2A7D4.jpeg
0E20EF25-2310-4792-83A7-E53382F1E947.jpeg
E892D5A1-5703-4723-9989-C656251E113E.jpeg
3F937B4C-6C06-4914-BE77-E4EC43F00913.jpeg
691B4B84-450E-412E-9B4D-771A48E2EC3B.jpeg
22B665F4-28E9-4B9C-A0AC-A213196DFF59.jpeg

Last edited:
Specs on the upper

Aero precision M5E1 upper receiver in flat dark earth

Aero precision 15" MLOK handguard in flat dark earth

JP low mass bolt carrier group

JP high pressure bolt .062" firing pin

Raptor charging handle

CMMG stainless steel rifle length gas tube

SLR RIFLE WORKS .936 adjustable gas block

Krieger 1:8 4 groove chambered 6.5 creedmoor 22” & threaded 5/8" x 24 tpi
By Mr. Gradous.

Chrono: magneto speed v3 (5 shots averaged 2665fps * 39es).

I’m sure it’ll come to once broken in.

I’m looking at JP for a low mass carrier, and was just wondering if you can feel a difference with this unit. I’m already running their bolt and barrel in my Creed. Also, what kind of buffer and spring system are you running? I’m considering the captured spring system from JP also. Rifle looks great, looks like it shoots great for you too. Nice build.

I’m looking at JP for a low mass carrier, and was just wondering if you can feel a difference with this unit. I’m already running their bolt and barrel in my Creed. Also, what kind of buffer and spring system are you running? I’m considering the captured spring system from JP also. Rifle looks great, looks like it shoots great for you too. Nice build.

Sorry sir, I cannot compare it to anything else other than recoil is basically that of a bolt action .243 win. I am running a JP silent capture buffer in the lower.

IF your asking if you will feel a difference between full and low mass carriers, the answer is yes... and it is a substantial difference.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve got some match fees and the expenses that go with PRS matches coming up, so hopefully towards the end of the summer, I will be able to continue to improve this thing.

You can feel the difference, but the JP recoil reduction really shines when combined w/ a good comp, adj gas block, lw carrier and their buffer system. The sum of the parts really tames the big gas guns.