• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Graduous AI barrels rock! And they have fast turnarounds!

Renomd

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Reno, NV
Hey guys long overdue but these guys deserve recognition. Robert Graduous and his team spin up the most accurate barrels for my AI... I’ve owned Tooley mile high, and “factory” barrels for my 6.5 creedmoor barrels. All my graduous barrels are sub 1/4 moa with my handloads. I have problems deciding during load development Bc they are all 5 rounds in a hole! See my pics.

They started offering button cut prefit barrels so I bought me my 5th Graduous barrel for my ax. I was surprised how well they shoot and continue to shoot 240 rounds in! With Lapua brass I’m going 2800 fps Sd 1.8, Es 4, out of a 24” barrel! With cci450, h4350 42 gr, 140 hybrids. My 3 and 5 round groups are sub 1/4 moa. Most in the .1-.2 moa range at 100yd.

The best part of using Robert Graduous and his team, the button cut barrels are $575 plus shipping for an AI prefit! AND they turn them around within 2 weeks and keep some on hand and can have them to you within a week sometimes if already chambered!

Anyways I’m a big believer and I’m having a dasher barrel chambered by him too for my AI!

Attachments

• CE77E617-E085-4EE7-A3D5-B31C67094A64.jpeg
    CE77E617-E085-4EE7-A3D5-B31C67094A64.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 890D93C4-7607-4232-99D3-BA5738243679.jpeg
    890D93C4-7607-4232-99D3-BA5738243679.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 51
  • EA3B83DC-0DF6-4AAE-A4A2-5C12ABA1B91D.jpeg
    EA3B83DC-0DF6-4AAE-A4A2-5C12ABA1B91D.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 47
  • F0D8A7E9-D433-4D34-B0C6-25FF7CFB662C.jpeg
    F0D8A7E9-D433-4D34-B0C6-25FF7CFB662C.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 5677967D-0C3C-4ACF-BCF6-FF49C85BCA66.jpeg
    5677967D-0C3C-4ACF-BCF6-FF49C85BCA66.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Do they offer AXMC long action barrel? Price?

The 2 AXMC long action barrels I have from him are out of spec and timed incorrectly

I would call John or Robert to discuss that issue.

dave I’m unsure of long action cost. I would call or Facebook message them Robert and John are very responsive.

The 2 AXMC long action barrels I have from him are out of spec and timed incorrectly

I'm very sorry that your barrels are wrong. I don't worry about where the writing is on the barrel, I apologize, Next as for headspace the large actions are all over the place and I'll be glad to do whats needed, have you called the shop to let me know you were dissatisfied or facebook or email or messenger. Please let me know how I can help. My personal # is 706-551-2540

Last edited:
Yes I do AXMC AI replacement barrels. LARGE TENON. If someone wants one as Jan 1 2018 I send a tool to the gun owner to set to his or hers headspace. Then I can machine the barrel to your headspace and keep the measurement on file. Also small tenon, any reasonable cal, or length, or color, or thread on small end, and flutting.

Last edited:
Impressive Robert!

You know you can get a bad meal at the best restaurant in town, it’s what they do about it that keeps you coming back.

Last edited:
How does one order?

Is it on his webpage?

How does one order?

Is it on his webpage?

They don’t have an online shop, you need to call in credit card info; but, you can email or Facebook message your requested specs and name and they will respond to call in.

They don’t have an online shop, you need to call in credit card info; but, you can email or Facebook message your requested specs and name and they will respond to call in.

I will have a small online store,,,soon,,, small things like epoxy,release agent,pillars, assorted pins for rem style actions,bolt knobs,action wrenches, spin sander ends,other gunsmith tools, AI replacement barrels, brakes and triggers.

Reactions: Bob L Swagger
I will have a small online store,,,soon,,, small things like epoxy,release agent,pillars, assorted pins for rem style actions,bolt knobs,action wrenches, spin sander ends,other gunsmith tools, AI replacement barrels, brakes and triggers.

Awesome news!!

I'm very sorry that your barrels are wrong. I don't worry about where the writing is on the barrel, I apologize, Next as for headspace the large actions are all over the place and I'll be glad to do whats needed, have you called the shop to let me know you were dissatisfied or facebook or email or messenger. Please let me know how I can help. My personal # is 706-551-2540

I will contact you tomorrow, thanks

Is the headspace out of spec? How did you check?
How is the barrel timed incorrectly?

My first indication was when I went to size my brass . I then used a local gunsmiths gauges and kept adding tape to the no gauge until I could figure how far out it was.
The barrel is not timed to 12 or 6 oclock

My first indication was when I went to size my brass . I then used a local gunsmiths gauges and kept adding tape to the no gauge until I could figure how far out it was.
The barrel is not timed to 12 or 6 oclock

A whole lot of what you wrote is suspect. Not saying it's not accurate but that doesn't mean it's true. The design of the AI action is such the tolerances are kept within a given specific range. I'm certain Robert Gradous knows the tolerance and chambers his barrels accordingly.

-When the barrel was installed, it was torqued to 100 lb-ft? Where the engraving on the barrel ends up is irrelevant. If that is what you mean by timed is the bore curvature is either TDC or BDC, it is impossible to clock the curvature without having the receiver in hand during fitting.

-Your locally sourced headspace gauges; were they 7.62x51mm or .308Win? To my knowledge all AI barrels are chambered to 7.62x51mm specification which is not the same as .308Win specification.

-You obviously shot the rifle and collected the brass. What issues did you have with your brass? Did you experience casehead separation at the first firing? What reloading dies and did you adjust your sizing die to fit your chamber or did you just follow the directions and screw the die down a quarter turn past touching the shellholder?

Those are just the initial questions that come to mind. Not saying the gunsmith could not put an out of spec barrel but I'm sure Mr. Gradous would also have the same questions. I'm not busting your balls, just wanting to understand.

A whole lot of what you wrote is suspect. Not saying it's not accurate but that doesn't mean it's true. The design of the AI action is such the tolerances are kept within a given specific range. I'm certain Robert Gradous knows the tolerance and chambers his barrels accordingly.

-When the barrel was installed, it was torqued to 100 lb-ft? Where the engraving on the barrel ends up is irrelevant. If that is what you mean by timed is the bore curvature is either TDC or BDC, it is impossible to clock the curvature without having the receiver in hand during fitting.

-Your locally sourced headspace gauges; were they 7.62x51mm or .308Win? To my knowledge all AI barrels are chambered to 7.62x51mm specification which is not the same as .308Win specification.

-You obviously shot the rifle and collected the brass. What issues did you have with your brass? Did you experience casehead separation at the first firing? What reloading dies and did you adjust your sizing die to fit your chamber or did you just follow the directions and screw the die down a quarter turn past touching the shellholder?

Those are just the initial questions that come to mind. Not saying the gunsmith could not put an out of spec barrel but I'm sure Mr. Gradous would also have the same questions. I'm not busting your balls, just wanting to understand.

You don't torque the AXMC to 100lbs
I agree you need to have a receiver to time the barrel correctly ( Im not talking about engravings)
I never mentioned 7.62 or 308 but my creedmoor is approx. .006 over
No issues with the brass, it was my first indication after I measured it to resize it that I noticed it was long

Last edited:
Guys, i appoligize.
I confused Gradous with Stuartville barrells from Eurooptic which was stupid on my part.
Robert is such a stand up guy that he told me he would fix my barrells regardless of who did them for free. You cant beat that for customer service!

Guys, i appoligize.
I confused Gradous with Stuartville barrells from Eurooptic which was stupid on my part.
Robert is such a stand up guy that he told me he would fix my barrells regardless of who did them for free. You cant beat that for customer service!

Wow man that’s awesome! I’ve not interacted much with Robert mostly with ordering barrels briefly but he is a stand up guy and stands by his workmanship.

Whitemamba good of you to clarify.

I would encourage all of us on these forums to be a bit more tactful with falsely accusing bad work at a specific gunsmith.

My advice to all in the future is to call that gunsmith (or suspected) up if your barrel is not acting up well. Your better off doing so then openly insulting a gunsmiths work. Most gunsmiths will always do something to help you out or diagnose issues.

Don’t forget just like a celebrity you bad mouth or falsely accuse someone, they will get their public relations rep on the phone with their lawyer, and don’t think they can’t supoena your exact IP address and find your name out to sue you for defamation. They can... believe me I dealt with similar issues when I got scammed on this forum and you can supoena this forum to get records.

Hope you all get out and shoot this week!

Guys, i appoligize.

Robert is one hell of a stand up guy! What a fool! “I don’t even know who makes the barrel I’m complaining about but let me run to the internet and pick someone’s name out of a hat and slander him!”

Guys, i appoligize.

I wonder if Robert lost any orders that he might have got from someone who may have thought you knew what you were talking about. I wonder how many people may have read what you said in the first place then did not follow the thread to see your correction.

I guess I know where your board name comes from, a snake in the grass who strikes random travelers. The name fits.

I wonder if Robert lost any orders that he might have got from someone who may have thought you knew what you were talking about. I wonder how many people may have read what you said in the first place then did not follow the thread to see your correction.

I guess I know where your board name comes from, a snake in the grass who strikes random travelers. The name fits.

Perfect!!! This is so true! If Robert lost business due to reckless defamation, finger pointing & misrepresenting his product, he is entitled to compensation. I see Mamba still doesn’t know who made his barrel. There is no “STUARTVILLE” in the industry.. SMH..

Last edited:
Robert is one hell of a stand up guy! What a fool! “I don’t even know who makes the barrel I’m complaining about but let me run to the internet and pick someone’s name out of a hat and slander him!”

You and Diverdon are Fucktards, stop trying to create drama, Ive apologized to Robert and the forum. Move on with your life

You’re just kissing his behind in the hopes that he doesn’t file a civil suit against you for being so reckless with your post! Robert wouldn’t have survived in business as long as he has if he started screwing people and you know it. Do your homework next time BEFORE you go postal on people who have a solid reputation for doing quality work!

You and Diverdon are Fucktards, stop trying to create drama, Ive apologized to Robert and the forum. Move on with your life

Your apology was absolutely meaningless and was geared toward self preservation in an effort to avoid a law suit. This is evident since it was so EASY for you to ONCE again become a KEYBOARD COMMANDO, get on the internet and refer to Diverdon and myself as "Fucktards." You, have a lot to learn BOY. I hope ALL SMITHS see how eager you are to slander and blacklist you.

The best part of using Robert Graduous and his team, the button cut barrels are $575 plus shipping for an AI prefit! AND they turn them around within 2 weeks and keep some on hand and can have them to you within a week sometimes if already chambered!

Anyways I’m a big believer and I’m having a dasher barrel chambered by him too for my AI!

Thanks for the post, I'll be contacting him for my next barrels! As far as the dasher, did you figure out a way to get it to run in your AI? My understanding and research have made it seem like the BR based cases just don't work in an AI but keep us posted because I would love to run a dasher in my AT. Otherwise I might settle on a 6 creed with lapua brass for my next.

Thanks for the post, I'll be contacting him for my next barrels! As far as the dasher, did you figure out a way to get it to run in your AI? My understanding and research have made it seem like the BR based cases just don't work in an AI but keep us posted because I would love to run a dasher in my AT. Otherwise I might settle on a 6 creed with lapua brass for my next.

Of note, there has been a big trend in the dasher and AI of recent, working quite well for close to 1400 rounds in another members AI... forest barber. He used spacers in his aw mags. PAtriot valley arms makes them. They are out of stock at the moment but I would email josh kunz. There are others whom are making them and supposedly offering them to the public but I have yet to see them. I bought 3 spacers from josh a couple of weeks ago he ran out of all 75 very quickly. But he needs to hear from people whom want them otherwise can’t make them without knowing demand.

i can tell you having done lots of feeding and extractor testing in my AI the dasher will feed just fine and reliably with the spacer in the aw mag. Do a search on here and the Facebook AI page you’ll find forest barbers and Lenin Cruz posts and videos of showing reliable feeding. 12/27/27 slde andy’s Thread on Facebook in the accuracy international shooters page

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info, this news made my day! If I can get a spacer or two from Josh to work and run these it will save me a whole build and I can run my dream caliber in my trusty AT! Emailed Josh and will email Robert once I hear back. Now to decide if the Dasher and fire forming is worth the extra 100 fps over a straight BR.

If the AI fairies are granting wishes at SHOT show someone will make a magnum bolt face for the AT and I can have Robert spin me a 7mm SAUM tube for it too!

My other thought is if my large firing pin hole will have issues with the Dasher or BR? Hmmmm.

My other thought is if my large firing pin hole will have issues with the Dasher or BR? Hmmmm.

I still have the large pin in this rifle. So far mine is not piercing primers running 30g of Varget under a 110smk to fireform. Yet. But if I pierce any I’ll just sent it to Long Rifles as I did my AXMC to have it bushed. Although I will tell you the Dasher/BRX move should not be taken lightly. Feeding on mine works, extraction as well. But I have one AT that will flip the cases on extraction. Not sure if the ejector is weaker or the extraction is letting go sooner but it doesn’t extract 100% without putting a few back in the ejection port. It’s an issue with the bolt cause when I swap bolt bodies it eliminates that problem and runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now to decide if the Dasher and fire forming is worth the extra 100 fps over a straight BR!

As far as I know it’s closer to 150fps based on my info from other trusted shooters. For fireforming I’ve seen guys run it in a club match and dominate based on how consistent the loads can be, I’m sure talent has a lot to do with it also. It also gives you trigger time learning your rifle, which is always a plus. But if cost/hassle is an issue then you could always buy hydroformed brass from Hunts or DJ’s. I’ve chosen to follow advice from a my friend, “fireform 200 to get brass and break in the barrel and to get a lot of barricade practice then buy several hundred hydroformed to have plenty”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk