• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grand Jury Report on Jerry Sandusky/ Penn State

Re: Grand Jury Report on Jerry Sandusky/ Penn State

What is even more disturbing to me , is the fact that he did nothing at the time it was occuring.

I'm curious why so many in the media are harping on Paterno to resign because he didn't report the grad assistant's incident to police...yet nobody is talking about the grad assistant who actually witnessed the act not reporting it to police.

This is the end of Paterno at PSU...and the man didn't do anything wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious why so many in the media are harping on Paterno to resign because he didn't report the grad assistant's incident to police...yet nobody is talking about the grad assistant who actually witnessed the act not reporting it to police.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">This is the end of Paterno at PSU...and the man didn't do anything</span></span> wrong. </div></div>

Fixed it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fixed it for you. </div></div>

No, you didn't.

Grad assistant saw a grown-ass man sexually assault a minor, and reported it to his superior (Paterno). Paterno in turn reported it to his superior (Curley). Curley and Schultz met with the grad assistant, who again told his story.

Curley and Schultz sat on the info they received from Paterno and the grad assistant and didn't take the report to law enforcement.

Paterno also not report the event to law enforcement after relaying it to his superior...and neither did the grad assistant who actually witnessed the sexual assault!

So...either the grad assistant is just as guilty as Paterno for not reporting a sex crime against a child to law enforcement, or just as innocent because they passed the information along to their superiors whom they assumed would do the right thing.

One cannot logically condemn Paterno and give a pass to the grad assistant on this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fixed it for you. </div></div>

No, you didn't.

Grad assistant saw a grown-ass man sexually assault a minor, and reported it to his superior (Paterno). Paterno in turn reported it to his superior (Curley). Curley and Schultz met with the grad assistant, who again told his story.

Curley and Schultz sat on the info they received from Paterno and the grad assistant and didn't take the report to law enforcement.

Paterno also not report the event to law enforcement after relaying it to his superior...and neither did the grad assistant who actually witnessed the sexual assault!

<span style="font-weight: bold">So... the grad assistant is just as guilty as Paterno for not reporting a sex crime against a child to law enforcement</span>, or just as innocent because they passed the information along to their superiors whom they assumed would do the right thing.

One cannot logically condemn Paterno and give a pass to the grad assistant on this. </div></div>

I agree with you.

They should all be fired, Paterno included. The top two should join the perp in jail.I dont understand how they could not go directly to the police, no stopping at go. If someone reported that to me I would not rest until I knew it had been dealt with.

Theyre all a bundch of complicit cowards.

I think lots of bad things should have been done to the scumbag right after he was kicked off of the kid, then call the cops. Thats not what happened so this story blows. He should fry and anyone who knew this went on and then knew the man who did it went unpunished should be held accountable/fired/cell mates with Nasty Nate etc.

I am sure there's a special place in hell for people like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the end of Paterno at PSU...and the man didn't do anything wrong.</div></div>

Technically, he did not. But morally he's not much better than his rapist friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure there's a special place in hell for people like this. </div></div>

Laws should be in place to make him suffer on his way to getting there.

Not much turns my stomach, but shit like this makes me sick.

I am sure Paterno regrets his decision now, but if we think about it he followed "chain of command" , we all should respect that. I am sure there are contractual limits on what can be said by people in his position and to whom. He might even been "ordered" not to say anything to anyone by the higher ups. I know this is a horrible thing, I can't help thinking that maybe it was hushed for a PR reason other than the obvious. No one and, I mean no one wants to say anything anti-gay anymore. We don't know what happened after Paterno said his piece, but the asshole should have been handled properly immediately in a way he would never touch a boy again. I usually don't say alot on these things, but I was once a coach and I don't think this is a proper ending for Paterno's career. Sorry for being so long winded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure Paterno regrets his decision now, but if we think about it he followed "chain of command" </div></div>

In other words, he took the easy way out...and season after season preached honor and integrity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...we all should respect that.</div></div>

I'll pass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure there are contractual limits on what can be said by people in his position and to whom. He might even been "ordered" not to say anything to anyone by the higher ups.</div></div>

Doubt it would pass the smell test, but just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it's morally right. If Paterno is a man of honor, why would he continue to associate with such an organization? $$$

He should resign and spend the remainder of his (hopefully) miserable life apologizing to abused children.

I don't know about Pennsylvania, but here in Texas the penal code imposes a legal duty on certain classes of people to report actual or suspected child abuse. Included in that are teachers, coaches and school administrators. Wife is a high school teacher and coach and have been down this road.

If you know or suspect, the right and moral thing to do is to follow the law and report the act; telling your boss just does not cut it.

Paterno and whoever else knew about this and did not report it to the police need to burn.

Fuck integrity to anyone when it comes to children being molested. I don't give a flying rats ass who gets there feelings hurt, the grad student should have beat the living shit out of him and saved the child, I promise if I ever catch someone doing that to a child, you will be reading about the awful shit I done to the person at fault. Gays,Lesbians,Hetrosexuals,it don't make it right EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WICKEDFISH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck integrity to anyone when it comes to children being molested. I don't give a flying rats ass who gets there feelings hurt, the grad student should have beat the living shit out of him and saved the child, I promise if I ever catch someone doing that to a child, you will be reading about the awful shit I done to the person at fault. Gays,Lesbians,Hetrosexuals,it don't make it right EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

Exactly! Beat the SOB to a bloody pulp and then call the cops.

Does the state where the offenses occurred have a "Manditory Reporting" law???

If so, not bypassing the "Chain of Command" is in itself law-breaking.

And don't forget that those involved are on the state's dime, technically state employees, so there is yet another thing to muddy the waters.

Still, here I quote the famous Major Payne, who once quipped, "Ain't there someone who needs a little killing"?

Oh I think so....I think so...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000"> I am sure Paterno regrets his decision now, but if we think about it he followed "chain of command" , we all should respect that. I am sure there are contractual limits on what can be said by people in his position and to whom. He might even been "ordered" not to say anything to anyone by the higher ups. I know this is a horrible thing, I can't help thinking that maybe it was hushed for a PR reason other than the obvious. No one and, I mean no one wants to say anything anti-gay anymore. </span>We don't know what happened after Paterno said his piece, but the asshole should have been handled properly immediately in a way he would never touch a boy again. I usually don't say alot on these things, <span style="color: #FF0000">but I was once a coach and I don't think this is a proper ending for Paterno's career</span>. Sorry for being so long winded. </div></div>

What a load of horseshit!

This isn't 'gay' you dumbshit, this is RAPE of a minor and you want us to respect that asshole who put a fucking game that means nothing when compared to the damage and grief that child molester wrecked on his victims!?!

I couldn't give a piss about Paterno as a coach, as a human being, he failed his true test. I hope he lives to be a 1,000 and realizes that everyday of it.

Get this into your head, Paterno is NOT the victim, he enabled a sexual predator to operate and prey on more victims.

All of them knew about it and knew nothing was being done about it. That's where a mans integrity is shown. I don't give a shit if Joe is the icon at Penn State or the Pope, if you are molesting kids or know someone who does and stand by doing nothing, you should be convicted just the same. This was known to be going on since 1998. How many other kids have had to live with this shit that happened before that.
In my opinion this type scum bag fucker is the one who causes kids to act out and kill people when they are older. I say, cut his nuts out and let him bleed out on the steps of the court house. He will have a lot of new friends when he gets to prison. Turn about is fair play.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am sure Paterno regrets his decision now, but if we think about it he followed "chain of command" , we all should respect that. I am sure there are contractual limits on what can be said by people in his position and to whom. He might even been "ordered" not to say anything to anyone by the higher ups. I know this is a horrible thing, I can't help thinking that maybe it was hushed for a PR reason other than the obvious. No one and, I mean no one wants to say anything anti-gay anymore. We don't know what happened after Paterno said his piece, but the asshole should have been handled properly immediately in a way he would never touch a boy again. I usually don't say alot on these things, but I was once a coach and I don't think this is a proper ending for Paterno's career. Sorry for being so long winded. </div></div>
You may be an expert on this subject, but when I was in school, I was lead to believe No Contract in the USA can require either party to break the law. Are you saying paterno has a contract that requires him to be silent and not report to police a child being raped? I am real sure this is not a legal contract. This is the type of crap that happens when all Americans are not subject to the same law, some argue that cops should be given "special treatment", others argue sports figures should be given "special treatment", and the list goes on. It makes me sick to have people arguing over which adult piece of shit knew about this child rape and did nothing should be held accountable, ALL the adults that knew and did nothing should be held accountable, and if any law applies-it should be applied. Child rapists are as low as they get, IMHO, everyone they knew and did nothing is a sick SOB, and at the very least, I hope the lawsuits and payouts are at least one hundred million, that seems like the only thing that will get the attention of the scum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Hooligan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a special place in hell for all these low lifes, all of them. </div></div> I hope that at the very least the guy who did it gets put in the express lane on his way to that special place then.

It seems like these homosexual rapes of young boys is out of control in the US. These sick homosexuals seem to rape for years on end without getting caught, and when they do get caught the don't serve anywhere near the same amount of time, and adult male would get for the rape of an adult female. One more thing wrong with the justice system. The homosexual organization, nambla-north American man boy love association, even prints books on how to get away with homosexually raping young boys! This has been going on for years, yet the justice dept. doesn't have a full press to catch these sick SOBs. I believe our justice system has been tainted with homo's, thus they have turned a blind eye to these sickos. I can't think of another reason this crap has gone on for so long, huge cash payouts by the University, and all those involved-or knew (even if they are behind bars) may send a message. The civil courts may have to do what the criminal courts/and those in charge of the criminal side of the law just won't do. It may keep a few of these homosexual child rapists from attacking the next young boy. At the very least could scare those turning a "blind-eye" into doing something. I wouldn't expect any action from san francisco, or the like, but what about the rest of the country?

Now I know why I don't say much on these type of conversations. It was a GAY thing, it was a man molesting a boy i.e. GAY. Paterno told his boss the AD, at this point, I am sure he was told what to do and say from there on. I am with everyone that said when the act(s) was witnessed they should have "handled" it then and there. Maybe Paterno was assured it was being handled by the AD and above. We can say hang Paterno and maybe they will but I am reserving judgement on him for the moment. This is a horrible thing, my first question would be how much did the parents know, where the info went after any events were reported and ultimately who told whom what to do and say. When you are in a position like Paterno's you just don't pick up the phone and call the cops.

Why not? Are you saying that "due to position" the laws and what is right and wrong are different? That is un-American. The laws should apply to everyone-even coaches! The really sick part is the guy that walked in on a young boy being raped, why didn't he stop it? Why wasn't he stomping the brains out of the homosexual molester? What would he have done if it had been a young girl? Would he have walked off (given them a little alone time?) and reported it to the coach when he saw him? It sounds like a lot of sicko's are working there. What if it were murder? Should the coach do nothing until the AD tells him what to do? As a coach in his position just can't pick up the phone and call the cops?

The guy that witnessed the event, should have reported it and handled it. It has been my experience with our justice system that if said assistant tells Paterno what he saw and then Paterno calls the authorities, in our justice system that is called, heresay. Paterno didn't witness it. The assistant should have kicked the shit out of the idiot and then called 9-11 for the cops and an ambulance. My point is we shouldn't passs judgement on Paterno until we find out what transpired. What I have been hearing and reading is basically, everyone wants Paterno gone. I think we need to dig a little deeper prior to making a decision with such ramifications. I do agree that child rapists are the worst form of scum on the earth, but Paterno didn't rape anyone or seen anyone being raped as we know at the moment. Let's get all the facts. My gut tells me this was handled above Paterno and I even think that maybe some of the parents were involved. These are serioous crimes and no one in their right mind would not involve the parents of the boy being molested. That would open their liability exponentially.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The guy that witnessed the event, should have reported it and handled it. It has been my experience with our justice system that if said assistant tells Paterno what he saw and then Paterno calls the authorities, in our justice system that is called, heresay. </div></div>

Really? In your experience? Are you suggesting that if Peterno called the police you think the police wouldn't send someone over to speak to the assistant and him? You are either very naive and/or ignorant or you're trying to cover your ass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Paterno didn't witness it. The assistant should have kicked the shit out of the idiot and then called 9-11 for the cops and an ambulance.</div></div> So it's ok for the assistant to break the law but Paterno should be confined by the law's treatment of 'hearsay' (which you have completely misunderstood). YOu are just trying to excuse the selfish behaviour of Paterno. Pretty disgusting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My point is we shouldn't passs judgement on Paterno until we find out what transpired. What I have been hearing and reading is basically, everyone wants Paterno gone. I think we need to dig a little deeper prior to making a decision with such ramifications. I do agree that child rapists are the worst form of scum on the earth, but Paterno didn't rape anyone or seen anyone being raped as we know at the moment. Let's get all the facts.<span style="color: #FF0000"> My gut tells me this was handled above Paterno and I even think that maybe some of the parents were involved. These are serioous crimes and no one in their right mind would not involve the parents of the boy being molested. That would open their liability exponentially. </span> </div></div>

Holy cow, the parents, above Paterno, liability....

1. The assistant should have gone to the police - immediately. Not doing so and doing nothing after it became apparent that no one else had makes him an accomplice.

2. Paterno should have gone to the police - immediately. Not doing so and doing nothing after it became apparent that no one else had makes him an accomplice.

Regardless of the parents, the rabbi, the priest and the neighbourhood cat, those are facts.

The assistant, yes, I agree. Paterno was told afterwards and Paterno didn't witness anything that we know of. At this point Paterno followed the chain of command, whatever happened after that apparently was enough for him not to go to the police. Paterno has ran nothing but a clean program for years, excepting of course thiese horrific events. We are speculating at his time about what transpired and Paterno is not the all encompassing authority of football, athletics or anything else at Penn State. He follows orders as the rest of us do. I am waiting until I pass judgement on the man. I feel everyone else has much more responsibility in this, the perpetrator, the witness and the AD, for starters.

'Chain of command"

He's just a football coach, not a general in an army! There is no chain of command in rape. He should have called the police. Rape and child abuse are crimes, not fucking infractions in a football program.... Jesus, it's because of people like you and Paterno and others who put their precious programs and other crap above the duties of a citizen that molesters get by.

Bishops in Ireland, USA, Spain and elsewhere did the same with predator priests as Paterno did. They passed the buck, looked the other way and continued to work with these rapists. There's nothing clean, good or worthy about Paterno.

"For evil to succeed, it needs only good men to do nothing".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Hooligan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a special place in hell for all these low lifes, all of them. </div></div>

Don't have to wait for the afterlife.

There is a special status in prison for child molesters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The assistant, yes, I agree. Paterno was told afterwards and Paterno didn't witness anything that we know of. At this point Paterno followed the chain of command, whatever happened after that apparently was enough for him not to go to the police. Paterno has ran nothing but a clean program for years, excepting of course thiese horrific events. We are speculating at his time about what transpired and Paterno is not the all encompassing authority of football, athletics or anything else at Penn State. He follows orders as the rest of us do. I am waiting until I pass judgement on the man. I feel everyone else has much more responsibility in this, the perpetrator, the witness and the AD, for starters. </div></div>
This is the worst statement I've ever read! Clean program, if you can over look the years of homosexuals raping young boys... Are you out of your mind? If this was covered up for years, what would make anyone with any brain left believe, everything else was "clean and on the up and up". This type of thinking is so far gone it is crazy.
BTW, what if a child was raped as school? Another child saw it happen, reported it to a teacher, the teacher decided not to call the police, but rather tell the ass.prin, the ass.prin decided it would be best to tell the prin. as to follow the chain, the prin thinks it over and call the super, after thinking about it, the super, wanting to follow the chain decided to wait for the next school board meeting, and as it could go until someone called obama. Let's be real, only a complete fool would think this is a good way to stop childern from being raped by homosexuals-unless of course you are one of those that "like childern", then and only then would you stick up for this type of crap. EVERYONE that knew, and did nothing to stop the homosexual rape of these kids is guilty and scum of the earth-if not to the letter of the law-they are guilty of being the scum of the earth-regardless of what job they may hold at a university.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious why so many in the media are harping on Paterno to resign because he didn't report the grad assistant's incident to police...yet nobody is talking about the grad assistant who actually witnessed the act not reporting it to police.

This is the end of Paterno at PSU...and the man didn't do anything wrong. </div></div>

I love the hypocrisy! Jo Pa told his superior and should therefor be off the hook, McQuery told his superior but is guilty. Jo-Pa could be caught f&*^$#@ the kid himself and the kool-aid would still flow. Is McQuery in the wrong......YES. But so is Joe-Pa and the rest of the bunch. They should all be fired and all you people that cannot see this need to take a step back and ask "what if it were your kid?" or "What if it wasn't the Holier than thou PSU?" your tone would be different.

P.S. From what I understand McQuery is already gone. He hasn't been seen with the team since the allegations were made public.

I guess I will close with this being that I have been lumped in with the guilty on this one. My point was Paterno did not witness anythin, there is a difference in seeing and being told what someone else saw. Maybe he did threaten to go to the police and was told not to. There is a lot at stake here, first and foremost the boy, I think a few minutes of discovery is worth a lifetime of backtracking. These allegations and accusations have an enormous ripple effect anyone involved is guilty even after they are proven innocent most of the time. It is an awful thing but these decisions are easy for us to make being we are on the sidelines. It is easy to condemn a man in this situation who is close to the event, we even look like big tough guys, because we say "Let's get 'em all" but I maintain, we should hear all the facts first. Yes, he wasn't in the military, but I have found that by implementing a chain of command policy whether written or implied is the only way to maintain some order and flow. People that have actually led men or ran jobs, companies, firms, tribes or any other group understand that when you are in a leadership or "command" position you do not nor should you have,the luxury of letting your emotions predicate your decisions. No matter how awful this event is flying off the handle until due dilligence in factfinding is done is a mistake also. Thank you for listening. Chain,out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sure there's a special place in hell for people like this. </div></div>

I just finished reading the grand jury report and I'm in total agreement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chain</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I guess I will close with this being that I have been lumped in with the guilty on this one. My point was Paterno did not witness anythin, there is a difference in seeing and being told what someone else saw. Maybe he did threaten to go to the police and was told not to. There is a lot at stake here, first and foremost the boy, I think a few minutes of discovery is worth a lifetime of backtracking. These allegations and accusations have an enormous ripple effect anyone involved is guilty even after they are proven innocent most of the time. It is an awful thing but these decisions are easy for us to make being we are on the sidelines. It is easy to condemn a man in this situation who is close to the event, we even look like big tough guys, because we say "Let's get 'em all" but I maintain, we should hear all the facts first. Yes, he wasn't in the military, but I have found that by implementing a chain of command policy whether written or implied is the only way to maintain some order and flow. People that have actually led men or ran jobs, companies, firms, tribes or any other group understand that when you are in a leadership or "command" position you do not nor should you have,the luxury of letting your emotions predicate your decisions. No matter how awful this event is flying off the handle until due dilligence in factfinding is done is a mistake also. Thank you for listening. Chain,out. </div></div>

What a profound fool. You take comfort in a CoC to give you order. A true leader is someone who does the right thing when it's the hardest thing to do. That's leading by example.

Following some bureaucratic hierarchy and using it as cover is the mark of a coward. Rape is a crime, it falls outside of any chain of command considerations and the plight of the raped boy clearly was the last thing on anyone's mind and reflected in no way in anyone's actions.

Believe what you want. You're type to give shelter to the abominable. You say you're a coach, well, if there are children involved, as a parent, I would not want you anywhere near mine. Not because I think you're a predator, but because I would not trust you to do the right thing. You'd just inform your boss and call it good.

Can't believe the school/state is allowing him to finish the season.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, a few die-hards are defending him.

Gotta wonder what else Paterno may have turned a blind eye to.