• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Grand River Tactical Run and Gun Vest (Group Buy )

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
(Updated 10/27/10)

I am currently running a group buy on these Load Bearing Vests!!!! Group buy info can be seen here:

Grand River Tactical Load Bearing Vest Group Buy information

I posted this in this current thread to get a feel for what customers think of the vests, and how they will were reveived by the active shooting community.

If you have purchased one of my vests or have won one off a prize table at the many matches that I sponsor across the country, please share your thoughts, as I am eager to get some more of these in the hands of shooters, to spread awareness about GRT and the extremely high quality products that I create/offer.

Back to the original post on the subject:

My first order of official business as the newest old vendor on the hide is to get one of the baddest vest systems into the hands of active shooters.

This vest is available in 3 different versions, Gen. 1 is strictly a load bearing vest, stripped down, with only MOLLE to attatch anything you want to configure specificly for you.

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

The second version is a vest, with a small built in pack on the back, that has a compartment for a 2-3 litre bladder, and additional gear in the pack.

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

The third version has a large back pack style compartment that will hold nearly as much as a standard size backpack, with a compartment for a water bladder, and sized to hold a days worth of shooting gear, i.e. rain gear, additional bottles of water, etc., etc.

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

I would like to do a feeler, to see who would be interested in a group buy, at a discounted price of course. I would like to get 10-15 of these pre-ordered. Production would start around Mid June, or earlier if possible, and the last ones would leave he shop around our Country's Birthday (around July 4 sometime.

These are customizable to some extent, so if there is something you would like specificly, please let me know, I can get you squared away.

Colors available are OD, Coyote, Desert Digital, Woodland MARPAT, Black, Multicam

Gen 1
<span style="font-weight: bold">OD Coyote and Black </span><span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style="font-weight: bold">$145 </span></span><span style="font-weight: bold">
Multicam, W. Marpat, Desert Digital</span> <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">$165 </span></span>

Gen 2
<span style="font-weight: bold">OD Coyote and Black </span><span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style="font-weight: bold">$160 </span></span><span style="font-weight: bold">
Multicam, W. Marpat, Desert Digital</span> <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">$180 </span></span>

Gen 3
<span style="font-weight: bold">OD Coyote and Black </span><span style="color: #CC0000"> <span style="font-weight: bold">$185 </span></span><span style="font-weight: bold">
Multicam, W. Marpat, Desert Digital</span> <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">$205 </span></span>

I can do matching pouches, or complete systems, but base vest orders will be the top priority, and the pouches will start production after the vests. Contact for pricing.

Re: Grand River Tactical Run and Gun Vest

I dig it! Well thought out. I could see myself using the Gen 2 for shooting and/or hunting. Great work!

Nick, for your poll, I would be interested in getting Gen2 in Coyote OD.

Gen 3 in Desert Digital could be a winner for me.
Waiting on pics....
grin.gif

If I had money I would definitely get one of these in multicam! I love how you can put whatever pouches / molle stuff wherever you want it.

Generation 2 is a cool rig. Neat idea to cross the backpack and vest.

i would go for a gen 3 in a group buy if your going to do one. multicam for me.

thanks scott

The question has been asked several times, and just to clarify, there is neoprene padding as the shell for this vest. This gives the vest a rigid structure, but at the same time, does little for ventilation.

You can order it without the neoprene, or request it in the hips only for padding, like a pistol belt.

So there IS plenty of padding.

Nick

Nick, I saw your prototype and I like it. John's is cool, too. I'm looking for an ASC type deal. Anyway, you know that I'm in for one of one kind or another... probably a Gen II-ish kind of thing. We'll talk.

Nice setup!

On another more entertaining note..... you should post this over on youtube to that Nutnfancy geek and let him buy them up. All he talks about is how he loves the "RNG" stuff and cool gear!

nick the vest looks awesome can't wait to get mine, i feel lucky to be getting one of the prototypes.

On my way home right now, and I am going to turn out a Multicam one, mostly for pics, once pictured, it will be for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dibs if its a Gen 3</div></div>

Mike gots dibs on it, but I can make two at a time, takes just slightly longer, and would have it done by Sunday evening.

If your interetsed, I can get you payment details. PM me direct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey Nick....thanks for the logbook cover.....its the shit!</div></div>

I am truly complimented coming from a connoisseur of the finer things in life. The next shoot we booth attend, the drinks are on me.

They are available for purchase immedietly through me, via PM, and hopefully the site will be up and working this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holding breath................

and shipped tomorrow? </div></div>

ideally!

Gen 3 Pics are here. This is a sweet set up. Wondering if your pack will fit over your hydration carrier?...no problem.

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

Nick I'm in love with the Gen 3. I might be picking that and a data book cover up from you in the near future. Looks good man.

Also, just to clear things up on the full vest packages, I do not supply the Tactical Tailor MALICE clips in the price. I can order them, and assemble the vest, however, the exact price of the MALICE clips will be added, I do not mark them up, so either you can order them, and assemble the vest, or I can do it for you, either way, it will not cost you more than the MALICE clips.

Here are a couple more pics to show the size of the pack with it on, it seems to be ideal.

DSC02051.jpg

and here is he front view, showing that nothing from the vest will impede the prone.

DSC02052.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to do a feeler, to see who would be interested in a group buy, at a discounted price of course. I would like to get 10-15 of these pre-ordered.
Colors available are OD, Coyote, Desert Digital, Woodland MARPAT, Black, Multicam

Gen 3
<span style="font-weight: bold">Multicam, W. Marpat, Desert Digital</span> <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">$205 </span></span></div></div>
How's this working out so far? As to your OP, I'm definitely interested in the Gen. 3, W. MARPAT or Multicam. Matter of fact, I'll order one from you weather you do a Group Buy or not! You want a commitment for the GB, or a PM for my order now?

Hi,

Was wonering if you would ship to the UK, Nick?

A Gen3 in OD has piqued my interest.

Is that drag/carry handle shown on the last pictures now standard on the G3? This looks like it might be a great hunting day-pack.

I have the pre production (first run) pack for sale right now in the "For Sales" section, should someone be interested, without a wait, because it was a demo, its selling cheap, and I am throwing in two AICS double 10 round mag pouches with it.