• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gray Ops mini plate

Dunraven

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
How helpful are these plates in prs ? Pros n cons. Worth the money? Who else makes them?

I've heard from shooters using them that they are the closest thing to cheating, without cheating. Unless you're shooting NRL22, and you may- or may not- be cheating...

Reactions: spife7980
You could build one with a saw, a piece of ply wood, and a mount to attach to your rail...

Only somewhat con is it sometimes takes a few seconds longer to level your cant if the bag is sitting funny, than it would with thinner forearm.

And the flat on the bottom plates slide a little too easy. The gray ops pro mini and the newest non pro mini plate have cuts in them and texture on the brass weights that grab the bag better.

Using one way up front with the bags made for them and a tripod in the rear is stupid stable.

I ran the Gray Ops AMP plate and it was a little wide for the tank trap but everything else it is supper stable. Everyone in this area calls it the cheater plate but when ask if they would like to use it they always do. I sold the AMP plate and bought the Gray Ops Mini plate pro so I could fit in some narrower spots and be able to clap on my rifle not spin the knob and it is working great. I use the plate for NRL and NRL22 when I can. I really like how stable it makes everything even off the top of a T-post. I think it is worth it but I did see someone was 3D printing them.

They allow you to get the rifle stable a little quicker than not having one. Seconds count and I have found mine to be a good investment. If I were buying one today I would get one that you can connect a real game changer bag too. Not just one of those little pillows. Area419 makes a good one.

They allow you to get the rifle stable a little quicker than not having one. Seconds count and I have found mine to be a good investment. If I were buying one today I would get one that you can connect a real game changer bag too. Not just one of those little pillows. Area419 makes a good one.
sounds like you want the A419 railchangerx then

I have the mini plate and it works great. Almost never take it off the gun. I run it next to the mag well and it gives good stability. Easy to take off with the screw knob that is built in. The plate has just been updated and looks more like the Pro Plate for the same money.

I agree with Dthomas, something like a PRS barricade, they work great on since it's already a flat surface. Takes a little more adjustment to get flat on something like a tree limb. Offers good lateral support. Most can also be put onto a tripod head as a sort of tac table.

are these devices compatible with the mpa ba rat system?

They are worth every penny. I recently picked up the“pro” model with the AG bag to attach to it. Makes a world of difference.

Reactions: IPoutdoors
I agree. They are worth every penny. I have the mini V2 with the bag and I am very impressed. Should of bought one a long time ago

I got a V2 recently and really like it. I'm not sure how much more stable I am overall but the rifle seems to settle quicker. The main thing for me is the ability to place my left hand on it and the side of my shmedium, really seems to help me get stable.

IMHO, the first one delivering a nice plate solution for the AG GC shmedium will be golden. I mean something like the railchanger X, but for the bigger bag. I ll give the AG bras a try, but I am a little bit skeptic