• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great Buy Goretex Surplus Parka

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    PSA. About five years ago I retired a Columbia Quad Parka outer shell that I'd been wearing for almost 40 years. Over thirty years of that time we lived on a farm in the PNW. That old quad parka had seen winds to over 100MPH and deluge rainfalls. It had been patched so many times, due mostly to barb-wire, that there were patches on the patches, it would leak at every seam and it's final demise was the two way zipper gave up. The Columbia outer shell was heavy and fairly early Gore-Tex. It was definitely a case of they don't make them like they used to.

I replaced it with a surplus Gore-Tex, Mil. Issue, digi-cam, new rain shell. The only bad reviews at that time regarded it's weight and that the material was noisy. It sounded like me so I bought it and a couple of other items from SportsmansGuide. This is not an endorsement of sportsmanguide. I have nothing to do with the co. and only made the single purchase of items. Never the less, the transaction was painless.

It is a fabulous garment and I've worn it for about five years on the farm in the aforementioned conditions. It's been used about 150 days a year.

The NSN is the same except for the last digit. I think that reflects the camo pattern. These current ones are what we used to call tigers or strikers. The digicam came after my time. The caution regarding noise is BS in my opinion. We lived with elk and blacktails constantly for over thirty years.

So, here it is. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...ex-waterproof-apecs-parka-shell-new?a=2216241

Reactions: Speed and alcap