• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Quad- Parka Help!!

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    I was hanging up coats, that were thrown on a chair, and realized that the only thing I may need is a new quad-parka. I still use my old one, which is a Columbia that I purchased in about '82. Yeah, it actually lasted that long. It is still in use but tears from barbed wire have been patched with the thermal tape I use on horse turnout blankets, the seams leak, it's a little small, etc. It's time to send it to it's final resting place.

These are the qualities I would like to replicate:

1. A hard finish outer shell. The old one has a the feel of light canvas and i attribute it's wear qualities to the sturdiness of the fabric. No noiseless, soft bunny cuddle fabric. A simple camo. Think tiger but earth colors are OK.
    2. Hood that is detachable.
    3. Draw string waist.
    4. Out side bottom billows pockets with velcro closures. Upper hand warming pockets
    5. Liner jacket with one side camo and the other an earth color. Between the outer and inner jqcket I would like it to warm to 20F. while doing light work.

Surplus is OK if in new or as new condition. Without camo is OK if the color is earthtone. Any help would be appreciated. I get to a Cabela's about once a year and a Sportsman's Warehouse about four times a year and have found nothing. A BF Sale or CM Sale all the better.