• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Great day at the range.

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
So I got to take out my 260 remington today for the first time. It is a Stiller action, Krieger 1-8 twist barrel 26 inches with mtu contour threaded 1/2-28 . I have it in a manners t5-a stock. I have lepould Mark 4 rings which house a Vortex Viper Pst 6x24x50 with Moa/Moa FFP.

I took the gun out today for the first time today with 10 rounds. I Succesfully Completed a one round sight in ( this I learned after being a dumb ass once on the hide) and put 4 rounds in the same hole. ( I originally went out to test a new threaded 10-22 magnum suppressed, it did not do so well in the 10-15 mph winds at 100 yards) So I took the other five rounds and shot the group below. This is rounds 6-10 of the gun. Not bad.

When it heats up I will run some rounds on the Magneto speed. And then onto TVP.

260_zpsc051629b.jpg

Very nice. I assume a 139-142gn bullet based on grain count, but which one specifically? I have a Krieger 8.5 twist that I'm chambering in 260. I'm hoping to make the 140amax my go to, as i have 500 of them and only 100 139 scenars. Trying to stay away from Berger because my experience with them (at last the vld) is they are finicky.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sorry about that 140 amax it was . I have switched most of what I shoot to the amax from sierra bthp game kings. They are alot less money and I have had great luck with them. I shoot the 208 out of my 300 win mag.