• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Great game for practicing ranging in MOA and mil

zipollini

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2011
I suspect that everybody has already checked this out but if you haven't - I bumped into this game in my travels and it is a lot of fun and very good for practicing ranging with both MOA and mil. reticles and working with holdoffs for wind. And no - I don't work for the company :)

http://www.shooterready.com/

Enjoy !!

Re: Great game for practicing ranging in MOA and mil

thats pretty cool. fun to mess around with at work

Fun to use your own ballistics and distance calculating software for solutions and compare with whats on the screen. Also fun practicing using both MOA and mil as well as FFP and SFP reticles.I also bought the full version that has many more different exercises. Not super great - but still fun for when the snow flies :)

The instructors at the Long Range Precision Rifle course I took last week used the Long Range Shooting Simulation III program as one part of the classroom work. We worked through numerous examples of range estimation, dialing in elevation and wind, using the full range of calibers available in the program, and both MILS and MOA. I thought the software was a very effective learning tool - I felt quite comfortable with the process once we got to the range. And I plan on purchasing it for "practice/entertainment" for those cold/rainy/snowy days of winter. (The course was by Atlanta Firearms Training - http://www.atlantafirearmstraining.com/ ).

so the calculations on shooterready are pretty accurate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kujo929</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so the calculations on shooterready are pretty accurate? </div></div>

I put the data given in the program into Shooter and it was spot on.

The link is not working. What happened??

I just tried it at 3:13pm today and it was working.

It is working... Does anyone have the CD. Is it worth the 44 dollars

I have the full version CD. I was a little dissapointed at 1st as I was hoping for more actual "action". It has different targets (some moving), at different ranges, with different wind, altitudes, angles. Also a nice hostage rescue target. If you actually put in the practice with this software I will say that you will become waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better and more comfortable at ranging in both MOA and mil based and FFP and SFP reticles and getting around your ballistics software and calculations. I have to believe this would be absolutely a perfect tool for a sniper or precision long range shooters class as some have stated above. I always have a calculator handy when I play or have JBM ballistics loaded on another window to consult. Keeps the motivation up when the temps drop and the snow flies here in Ohio :)

Got all 3 versions. Money very well spent.

ShooterReady is GTG!!