• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

great iPhone item

Re: great iPhone item

I got my $16.99 shipped Otterbox and after looking around online, its for sure a Chinese knockoff.

It will have to do for now....

I like the Lifeproof comment on its only downfall:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is hard for them to hear you. You can hear ok if you hold the phone just right.</div></div>

That's great, a cell phone case that teh only downfall is that is sucks to talk on!

Yep...a phone case that makes it difficult to talk on/be heard on/hear on is prettymuch a flawed-from-the-ground-up product regardless of whatever other "cool" features it may offer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it arrived today. After doing a quick test before having to run out to pool league. I did the waterproof test in a bowl of water for 15 min. I dried the case off, opened it up and was suprised that the inside was dry. I put the phone in the case. Was suprised of how tight of fit it is inside. I dont think it will be as shock proof as the defender otter box, but I did drop it from head high on to ceramic tile with the phone inside, Did not even break open the case. I will be doing the good water test tomorrow after work. I will get the trunks on and do some underwater video. I will be sure to post the video for you all. My phone to test for you all. Wow, what a guy....LOL

The only downfall is the person on the other end. It is hard for them to hear you. You can hear ok if you hold the phone just right. As far as them hearing you, open the end where the charger goes and they hear you alot better. Or use your bluetooth. I hope I didn't forget anything.
</div></div>

Nice to get some real world results. So now I know if I want to just use it in the field via apps it works great. If I want to talk on it, might want to get a secondary non-field use case.

Thanks for taking the time to test the product, and keep your powder dry.
Goat

Guys, just got my Lifeproof this morning. Did it a once over, followed the instructions for breaking it apart, inspecting, blah blah blah. Re-assembled and did a 2 hour water check, submerged with a coffee cup. Dried 'er off, broke her open, and was dry as S.Texas inside of her. Cleaned up phone, and put her in, quadruple checked for proper tightness, and let the phone in case, hang out in water for another hour. Good to go. Sound is just fine on calls, a little muffled, but not horrible. The back of the case actually does work for amplifying sound, pretty neat to say the least. And, it slips in my pocket, unlike my Otterbox.

I'm happy thus far, the real test will be the water park this weekend with my two year old.

.net out

Does the screen protector part have too much play on top of the screen? I have the otterbox defender and there is a small gap between my iphone screen and the screen protector, so it makes the touch sensitivity inaccurate sometimes. Just wondering how tight these lifeproof cases fit the phone's screen

Have had mine for a week now and my only bug bear is the charger port, the standard charger head goes in too deep and to remove has to be pulled out by the cord, which is going to fail at some point.

Am going to have to order the charger jack extension...should have just got it with the case I guess.

JJ

How well does the screen protector fit the screen on yours?

IF anyone wants to try one below retail, let me know. Selling mine, in perfect shape, had on phone for a week. $50 shipped. Hit on PM.

/.net