• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Great year of hunting so far!!!

dakota_goon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2007
Arnegard ND
2011 has got to go down as one of the best years ever for our family and the hunting we have experienced so far. I just moved back to N. Dak. after 20 years in NV and my Dad and brother and I got to go on a great elk hunt together.
Montana_hunt_005.jpg

Dad and I each got a nice 6x6. This is his first year back elk hunting after a very bad accident he and Mom had in 2008.
stuff036.jpg

To top it off my Mom took down a nice mule deer buck on our farm on the last day of the season.
3.jpg

And then to top it off my daughter got to come home from school last weekend and I took her out looking to get her first ever rooster. Went for a walk through the pasture and she doubled up!
311034_2593111114395_1453179933_2747246_717911870_n.jpg

Here's hoping a great end to the season and good luck to all in 2012!

Re: Great year of hunting so far!!!

Wow, your family is definitely having a great year hunting. For me, hunting with family is the real joy of it all, but it's always nice to bag a good animal and fill the freezer.

Looks like your family has been truly Blessed this year! Pass on the high fives for me. Congratulations to all!!

that is sooo cool, love the smiles and happy times with your family. nice critters!

Congratulations! We had a good year, too. My wife started out with a huge-bodied muley buck at 295 yards right through the heart. The only downside: it was 2 miles from the truck. I was next, with a cute little guy at 375 yards. As my sons said, the small deer just made it a harder shot! One son missed a big atypical, twice. Our second son then got a nice doe - at 13 years old he still needs to calm down a bit but he's getting better. On the final weekend, the son with a miss shot a huge 4 x 6 buck - since he's 13, too (twins) I told him it's all downhill from here when you shoot the buck of a lifetime your second season! To top it off, my wife managed a grouse, too.

We now have a freezer full of venison, including some terrific salami, chorizo, and sausage, and fantastic memories. There is really nothing we do together that gives the same sense of teamwork, comraderie, satisfaction, and fulfillment.

Very cool! Glad to hear of all the good luck and that your folks are fine from that accident!