• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Green Beans Suck!

I want to see the second part of the video where they tell him he has to eat them again!!!

I don't understand the concept of throwing up the food just because you don't like the taste of it. I used to be up until 11 PM trying to eat liver----never did finish it, still hate it to this day. I don't recall ever throwing it up, though. One thing I didn't have to eat again, which I could not eat at the time, was mackerel soup, made with canned mackerel. I refused to eat it, and was sent to bed early---very fair trade, but I was tired. Any way, the dog was given the soup, and she threw it up a few minutes later, so i never had to eat it again!

So people have incredibly sensitive palates (Super tasters). I think a lot of kids and adults that don't like certain foods fall in this category.

My child loves rice, green beans, eggs, and bacon. But hates any other meat besides chicken, hot dogs, and pepperoni. It's fucking baffling. Were talking about a kid to would sniff a dogs ass if the mood struck him. He would lick the bottom of his shoe. He would chew a piece of candy that fell to the ground, but eat some BBQ, Hash and Rice and Cole Slaw... fuck no.

I don't understand the concept of throwing up the food just because you don't like the taste of it. I used to be up until 11 PM trying to eat liver----never did finish it, still hate it to this day. I don't recall ever throwing it up, though. One thing I didn't have to eat again, which I could not eat at the time, was mackerel soup, made with canned mackerel. I refused to eat it, and was sent to bed early---very fair trade, but I was tired. Any way, the dog was given the soup, and she threw it up a few minutes later, so i never had to eat it again!

When my mom was going to college my dad was in charge of dinner, he started to make pizza only to find there was nothing to put on it in the house. So he dug through the fridge and found sliced (hamburger style) pickles. I am sorry but pickles baked at 350 for 15 min stink bad, I refused to eat (and I will eat almost anything) my brother did the same. My dad ate one piece just to prove it was eatable and put the rest outside for the dog, the dog who always loved table scraps smelled it for about 20 seconds and went to bed hungry also. My mom about threw up from the smell when she got home. 30 years later we still laugh about it and my dad tries to tell me it wasn't that bad.

So people have incredibly sensitive palates (Super tasters). I think a lot of kids and adults that don't like certain foods fall in this category.

My child loves rice, green beans, eggs, and bacon. But hates any other meat besides chicken, hot dogs, and pepperoni. It's fucking baffling. Were talking about a kid to would sniff a dogs ass if the mood struck him. He would lick the bottom of his shoe. He would chew a piece of candy that fell to the ground, but eat some BBQ, Hash and Rice and Cole Slaw... fuck no.

Yep, I live with one. My daughter is 15 and will only eat chicken for meat, she will eat almost any vegetable but will not eat peanut butter. Will only eat cheese on a pizza and not on anything else. Will not eat any kind of sauce, no salad dressing, ketchup, bbq sauce, no honey-mustard, nothing. It is a fairly healthy diet so I don't say much anymore. She says it is a texture thing not a taste thing.

Points taken, 2nd. I get a smell making one throw up, but if the smell is that bad, I sure as hell won't eat it, hence no need to throw the food up---simple logic.

As far as your daughter, my wife won't eat eggs---she says they make her teeth "quiver"---which I don't get either, but she just won't eat them, again, no need to throw them up.

I think the kid's problem was that he didn't chew the beans, so they didn't go down well. Any food I can't stand the taste of (if I must eat it) gets eaten first, and chewed just enough to swallow without gagging. But if I don't like it going down, I sure as hell won't like it coming back up, so if it's that bad, I just won't eat it.

Honestly I dont get the eat it or else mentality, My father was that way and there were many a night I fell asleep at the table over lima beans.
If the kid does not want it fine, but no snacks till next meal.

Im not making something special just so my daughter will eat, But I am not going to force her to eat something she hates. If she doesnt like Green beans fine, have some extra salad. Hate the brussel sprouts fine, have some peas. Dont like any of the above? Go to bed hungry, she will love breakfast the next morning.

The finish your plate mentality, I believe, is part of our obesity problem. Everyone was taught to eat all their food even if they were full and it's hard to break old habits.

Last edited:

That's how it was for me growing up. No begging me to eat it, or making me sit at the table. Don't like it, don't eat it. But don't expect anything special to be fixed for you...

I also grew up being forced to eat what was served and all of it. I know that in my case, it was due to my Mother having grown up during the German occupation of Holland, where they rarely had anything at all to eat and then it was often something like tulip bulbs or dirty water soup. Not kidding! We didn't have much money when I was young either, so any food that was grown or purchased darn well better not be wasted.

And yes, there were a couple memorable battles of will over things such as overcooked liver (yuck!) and spinach (which I now love). I was not one to throw up food though. I've always figured that to be a one-way street if at all possible.

I did not have to raise my kids that way, since we did have plenty of food, even in lean years.

Last edited:
Points taken, 2nd. I get a smell making one throw up, but if the smell is that bad, I sure as hell won't eat it, hence no need to throw the food up---simple logic.

As far as your daughter, my wife won't eat eggs---she says they make her teeth "quiver"---which I don't get either, but she just won't eat them, again, no need to throw them up.

I think the kid's problem was that he didn't chew the beans, so they didn't go down well. Any food I can't stand the taste of (if I must eat it) gets eaten first, and chewed just enough to swallow without gagging. But if I don't like it going down, I sure as hell won't like it coming back up, so if it's that bad, I just won't eat it.

Yep, After watching my daughter throw up for what I felt was no reason a few times. She is not forced to eat anything. I don't like tomatoes (raw) so I don't eat them.

Honestly I dont get the eat it or else mentality, My father was that way and there were many a night I fell asleep at the table over lima beans.

Im not making something special just so my daughter will eat, But I am not going to force her to eat something she hates. If she doesnt like Green beans fine, have some extra salad. Hate the brussel sprouts fine, have some peas. Dont like any of the above? Go to bed hungry, she will love breakfast the next morning.

I was raised the same way. It took me a few tries to not be my dad and my wifes help. We both fight weight issues and told ourselves that we would raise our daughter to eat when hungry and stop when full. Again she eats healthy with very little garbage so I don't mind.

The finish your plate mentality, I believe, is part of our obesity problem. Everyone was taught to eat all their food even if they were full and it's hard to break old habits.

Being raised that way, I would agree 100%. It is the hardest thing for me to leave food on my plate. I believe it comes from my Grandparents, they went through the Great Depression as kids and the stories they tell of no food for days and how they barely made it through winter many times are hard to hear. It really taught them to not waste food.

This has been our approach. Give them choices. If he isn't eating the food when the adults leave the table then it gets put in with leftovers. No discussions, no whining, no dessert.

ya kids a some weird freaks on what they consider fine cuisine . I saw the kids one time eating these sandwiches that you would thing were steak & lobster the way they were acting . The sandwiches were looking kind of funny when I started to pay attention . so I asked them what the hell they made the sandwiches from ?
They little bastards were Eating lightly-boiled/firm Top Ramen noddle & Peanut Butter sandwiches .

I think the obesity comment of eat all your food is also a problem. The problem is most Americans can't afford to feed their families healthy meals. I think things are also a level of convenience for lazy parenting these days.

Yeah right obesity from eat all and "green beans"...

Perhaps you should try crap food, tons of shit, my personal record time at 300yards is 50yards, all gaming consoles you can buy, iphone and texting up your arse 24/7...

There used to be respect for food and even if not because of financial/availability problems it was because generations were alive back then where having daily quality food on the table wasnt normal. I had my share of "green beans" (namely stripes was just like the kid on the vid hated the feel and texture of them going down my throat) but at least through episodes of eat the stuff you don't like you get a lifelong lesson in not having everything like you want it to be and simply accept that and move on or fight it. Never ever will i be able to communicate to my folks the gratitude for forcing me to do stuff i didn't like or beating the crap out of my ass when i deserved it.

But yeah lets fucking nuke those green beans sure as hell they are the cause of grief in this world...