• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Green Mountain Barrels

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
how good are these? they seem like budget barrels but a lot of people report VERY VERY good accuracy from them. Anyone have one in a centerfire caliber and can attest to the accuracy of them?

Re: Green Mountain Barrels

They are very good barrels. We use them for AR builds and have proven very accurate.

DPMS has used Green MTn. barrels for a long time in their AR's. All the DMPS barrels I've had have shot very well.

My only experience is with a 10/22 barrel, and I am very happy with it. It is pretty picky ammo, it will only group well with certain match ammo, but it is a shooter when it gets ammo it likes.

If the DPMS info is true the I have shot three of them extensively on the 308 platforms. All 3 were sub moa. One of the 260s is an honest half minute rifle with handloads

where have you found them for the Rem 700? I dont see them on Green Mountain webpage.

I have one on my 10/22 and love it

I actually posted a brand new thread asking the same question before I saw this one. Yes, does anyone know how they compare with others like Bartlein, Kriger etc. Im very impressed at there pricing and if they perform with the fullbore barrels like the reviews Ive read about there rimfire barrels then I think there going to be a very busy company indeed.

I have a Green Mountain fluted bull barrel on my Ruger 10/22.

The only other modifcations to the rifle are:

1. Bell and Carlson stock that doesn't have any fitting work done to it.
2. Match grade sear
3. Self-installed over travel screw in the trigger
4. 4x Nikon scope

I shoot Wolf Match ammo, and at 50yds it prints 5 shot groups less than .3"
I have the targets if anyone wants pictures haha

I think I have a Green Mountain barrel on my 45/70 handi rifle. It is about as good as non lapped barrels get.

I had a Green Mountain barrel on a 10/22 and was extremely happy with it until it disappeared.