• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Green Mountain

m1alooker

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2012
Syracuse, NY
When with a hogue stock and Green Mountain heavy .92 barrel on my 10/22 build. Its not completed yet but anyone have extraince with the green mountain barrels? Any other option I should have looked at? Only other up grades were bi-pod and extended mag release.

Re: Green Mountain

KIDD... great barrels and decent price. Not a fan of the Houge stocks, too much flex.

Now go directly to Dinosaur BBQ and think about it...

Here are some targets I shot with the same setup you are asking about. Winchester RN 1300fps shot the best groups. And I can not for the life of me remember if I was at 50 or 100. I really think I was at 100 with wind blowing 10+ and im not the steadiest shot.

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

I have a heavy Green Mountain barrel and a Boyds Tacticool stock on my 30 year old 10/22. Very accurate. Next will be a Kidd two stage trigger.

I have a Green Mountain stainless, fluted...mounted on a Bell and Carlson stock. Shoots great. Never had a complaint. GM makes great barrels.

If those were, for the most part anyways, 100 yard groups, I would be a happy camper. I don't have a heavy barrel on my 10/22, and at 100 yards, my groups are almost twice of those you posted.

I used to run a Green Mountain Barrel chambered for 22 Stingers and it was a hammer. Kinda wish I still had it
wink.gif

I've tried five green mountain barrels. They seem to be hit and miss, but it really depends on what kind of accuracy you're looking for. At $199, I'd say that the Kidd barrel is a better deal because you're pretty much assured that it's going to shoot well.

The next thing I'd look to is the trigger. I've read a lot of posts regarding drop in upgrades or methods of modifying the existing trigger and some of them work pretty well and are an appreciable upgrade from stock; but if you want the absolute best 10/22 trigger, bar none, get the Kidd two stage. We've been using these on our builds and once you try one, you'll never want to shoot without it. It literally makes the Volquartsen look like a POS.