• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Green reticle

stemikel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2020
I am looking to add an optic to a 5.56 with a 16" barrel. I would like the magnification to be variable and somewhere between 1-6x and 1-10x. An adjustable diopter is a bonus.

My eyes are aging and I find that I can see a green reticle better than a red one. I know that Trijicon has a 1-8 with green. Does anyone know of any other options?

Thanks in advance.

Are you going to illuminate it all the time?
Most folks don’t or seldom use illumination.
Some of the old USO’s had green illumination, when it worked.
NF BEAST has both red and green. Not in the power range you are seeking.
Color of illumination would not be on my list of criteria for optic selection.

NF ATACRs with Digillum (push button inside parralax knob) have red + green illumination as standard.

RTH, yes, I am going to illuminate all of the time. I will check out the NF. I did not see that option on their websites.

NF Digillum like some said above would be your best bet here

The only green reticles on that I know on a LPVO are the Trijicon Accupower/Accupoint and the Nightforce ATACR.

Just FYI, the green on the ATACR Digilum aren't very good.

Thanks for your thoughts. I would really like to see the NF (and see if it is really as great as its reputation). Otherwise, it will be the Trijicon.

Are you going to illuminate it all the time?
Most folks don’t or seldom use illumination.
Some of the old USO’s had green illumination, when it worked.
NF BEAST has both red and green. Not in the power range you are seeking.
Color of illumination would not be on my list of criteria for optic selection.

It would be if you were red / green colorblind. I pick up green much better than the red due to my colorblindness.

The only green reticles on that I know on a LPVO are the Trijicon Accupower/Accupoint and the Nightforce ATACR.

Just FYI, the green on the ATACR Digilum aren't very good.
What’s wrong with them? Mine works great! Although I use red most of the time!

NF ATACRs with Digillum (push button inside parralax knob) have red + green illumination as standard.

I don't think the NF ATACR 1-8x24 has green illumination, but I don't have one on hand to verify. I could be wrong.

Here's my list of LPVOs with 1-6X or more and available green illumination:

Hi-Lux CMR8F 1-8x26
SwampFox Arrowhead 1-6x24
SwampFox Arrowhead 1-8x24
SwampFox Arrowhead 1-10x24
Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24
Trijicon AccuPoint 1-6x24
Trijicon Credo 1-6x24
Trijicon Credo HX 1-6x24
Trijicon Credo 1-8x28

From this list of 107 LPVOs with 1-6X or more. I typed "green" in the search box at the top of the listings to filter it to optics with green illumination options.

Once you find an optic you're interested in, call a Hide vendor. They can often quote lower prices over the phone than can be advertised on online. They can also give you good advice to make sure you're getting into the right optic for your needs.

Reactions: 308ftWIN
Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will be spending some time reviewing. Seems that Doug (?Cameraland) is well respected here. My plan was to have a discussion with one or two of the vendors after I narrow the field. Thanks again for the different options!

Reactions: SageRatSafaris
What’s wrong with them? Mine works great! Although I use red most of the time!
They're very dim and since they are backlit, if you look at it at the wrong angle, you kinda lose the illumination.