• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Greetings from a FNG in SoCal

Itsgoodsoup

Gumshoe
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2012
SoCal Desert
Hello all,

The name is Steve, I hail from the desert of Southern California. I'm a former Marine and currently a detective with a county Sheriff's department. I've been lurking on the forums here for a few months, and just getting the hang of it. I've been shooting for about 15 years now, and I've been in the long range game for 2-3 years. My current set up is an Accuracy International MK III AE in .308 with a Premier Heritage 5-25x56 Gen2XR. I'll get some photos up as soon as I read up on how to do it without looking too much like a noob. If anyone knows any good SoCal long range spots to shoot I'd be happy to hear about them, as BLM just shut down the spot I used to go due to some jackass bringing a bunch of appliances out there, shooting them up and leaving it all.

Thanks for all the knowledge here, I learn something new every day. I'll be seeing you around!

S/F

Nice setup you have there!!

I have a few spots around the area that I frequent, lately it's been out in Lucerne... We don't see another single person all day, and there are NO appliances out there. I setup my dueling tree, and 4-5 gongs out to a few hundred yards. And a few paper targets for the kids and there 22's. only good/bad thing is it's truck accessible only unless you got a 4wd suby or something like it.

There is the north county shootists association use the Pala range near termecula, 885 yards they are on the Internet will think more on this