• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings from Cleveland

CCFRN

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2013
Ohio
Hello all. Before I post anything about myself, I just wanted to thank you for sharing the wealth of knowledge and well founded opinions that I have seen in my past few weeks lurking on this forum! I work in Critical Care and Trauma at a hospital in NE Ohio. I don't have much in the way of a precision rifle, only a Savage 10FP that I picked up for less than $300 a few years ago, and a Noveske AR. I have not shot the Savage much, but I figured it was a decent entry level bolt action rifle to get into target shooting some day. I recently had a renewed interest in precision rifle shooting since I have a break from school and my work schedule is conducive to it. A friend of mine who owns an AI AX is trying to convince me to upgrade as my skill set progresses :D. Thanks for having me, and nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the Hide. Your rifle will serve you well and definitely get your foot in the door to the precision shooting world. I really enjoy shooting my Savage 10fcp-k in 308, Savage makes great rifles. One thing I have learned since getting hit with the long range precision bug is that a quality scope is everything.

I am a fellow Ohio shooter myself and live closer to Columbus. I regularly shoot at Briar Rabbit in Zanesville, and Rayners Range in Blue Rock. Rayners is a fantastic place for long range shooting, it is a 1000 yard range with steel targets. Can't wait to go there tomorrow and ring some steel!

Nice to meet you. It looks like both those ranges is about 2.5 hours away from me down Route 77. I would like to make it out there this fall/winter!

Glass wise I have a Leupold Vari X III 4.5-14 x 40 with the larger target turrets that I bought on clearance when they discontinued them. I need to go educate myself in the optics section because I do not know much about scopes at the moment.

Last edited:
It's always best to learn to use the rifle and upgrade later. My first rifle was a Savage 110. Now...well, lets just say that my wallet hates me. I use it like a $2 hooker. Welcome aboard. This place is pretty good. Lots of good info here but always ask where the people got the references from. I only say that because there are tons of legit people here...and some that don't really know. Anyway, welcome.