• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings From Downstate NY!

Iwabolol

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2023
New York
Hey guys,

I frequent the longrange subreddit and figured I'd pop in here too. Relatively new to precision shooting. Definitely more of a medium-range shooter as there's nowhere within a 5+ hour drive to shoot to 1k yards. Current rifles are a Tikka T3x w/ Vortex Diamondback Tactical Scope and a Bergara BMR with a Vortex Crossfire II AO scope. I know my glass isn't the best, but it serves my purposes for now. Definitely will upgrade as time goes on!

But the price is hard to swallow IMO.
I've seen them before! But for a full day with me and my wife that would be $550, plus ammo, gas and everything else... That's more than some of my rifles lol. I kinda want to give it a try, but probably just once and never again. I'll have to incorporate shooting into my next vacation!

Exactly. If you're making a long drive to do it, you want to make a day of it. And the prices make that unrealistic.

I've been to ranges where you paid for "2 hours", but in reality you could shoot all day and no one cared.
I've also been to ranges where you paid for an hour, and 30-40 minutes of that was spent waiting for the RO to call a cease fire. Literally got to shoot for maybe 10 minutes and got the bums rush out. (never went there again).

What the reality is there, I couldn't say.

Sorry to double post but I found the page and understand it. That’s definitely a trip I have to make!

Not sure honestly. It’s been a while since I was a member there. You can probably ask around here for some more locals or go to the Granby page on Facebook or Minuteman Precision Rifle League page.