• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings from northern Norway

BobKaare

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2022
Alta, Norway
Hi, pretty new here, been lurking on and off for a while.
I'm from the northernmost part of Norway, and just getting into rifle shooting.

Currently building up my first rifle, just a simple Howa 1500 in an MDT XRS stock/chassis.
Most of my shooting previously have been in the military, mostly with the good old HK G3 and irons, so scopes and decent triggers are quite new for me.
I'm looking into trying out some chill PRS style shooting and small game hunting, but like with most hobbies that I go into, that will probably escalate quite fast.
Buddy of mine is going to France for the PRS world champs this summer, so I have someone competent to leech off when it comes to experience with regards to both shooting and reloading.

Hoping to soak up as much info on reloading and long range shooting as possible on here.

Last edited:
Welcome, I have been looking at the XRS, how do you like it?

Welcome, I have been looking at the XRS, how do you like it?
Don't know yet, sent my barreled action to the gunsmith for threading, and haven't tested it yet.
Just fondling it, it feels a hell of a lot nicer than the cheap plastic stock that came with my rifle.
It's just sitting on my floor, waiting for my action.
IMG_1515[1].JPG

Welcome. I've deployed twice to Bodo back in the 80's when I was a pilot in the Marine Corps. Love it up there.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Don't know yet, sent my barreled action to the gunsmith for threading, and haven't tested it yet.
Just fondling it, it feels a hell of a lot nicer than the cheap plastic stock that came with my rifle.
It's just sitting on my floor, waiting for my action.
View attachment 7916131

Check the torque on the screws that mount the aluminum forend to the main chassis.
They are just forward of the mag well.
Mine were quite loose and it caused some issues until I discovered it.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Check the torque on the screws that mount the aluminum forend to the main chassis.
They are just forward of the mag well.
Mine were quite loose and it caused some issues until I discovered it.
They were actually pretty loose, have tightened them up now, thanks for the heads up 👍

Velkommen from CO, USA

Pretty much tropical here now, warmest and wettest summer in recorded history.
We had almost 2 weeks of 30-35*C (~90*F), which is pretty much unheard of here, probably not quite as warm and humid as Florida, but it really shouldn't be this far above the arctic circle.

I go to Bodø quite often due to work, so damn windy all the time over there.
Guess the local shooters are phenomenal at wind readings 😅
I was stationed in Bodø as well in the early 80's, spent almost 8 months there.