• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Greetings!

thestumper

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2020
Southwestern PA
Hello all,

Just wanted to pop in an introduce myself. I've scraped a lot of useful information off of this site for years but never joined. For that I apologize - maybe now I can actually contribute instead of just being dead weight. I'm a long time shooter in many disciplines - got my first rifle at the age of 7, but over the years, the lure of pistol shooting, and then shotgun sports consumed me. I got back into rifles recently because my kids started to take and interested. Plenty of EBR's in the stable, but finally broke down and bought a Bergara HMR in 6.5 CM to reach out and touch things a little further away. I'm now finding myself consumed with that :) I've always liked small groups at distance, even with .22LR. I'm not particularly tactical, but I do look fabulous in black.

I'm not a hunter - I've hunted in the past (birds/water foul), but the reality is I'm just way too lazy. Walking around the woods at 5:00 AM, in the dark, in the cold, chasing something that is faster than I am or can fly, and knows the woods better than I do just never really appealed to me. Lots of respect for those who hunt - my whole family hunts - I'm just not into it.

As I continue my quest, I'll be accessorizing the Bergara with a better optic than the POS 4x16 UTG I found in the closet and couldn't remember why I bought it (it does hold zero though...). And a bipod. I got my ballistic calculators downloaded, although I still haven't figured them out entirely - somehow my predecessors figured out all this stuff without a super computer in their pocket, but I'm taking every advantage I can get.

I also managed to violate forum policy on my very first post so I've got that going for me. I wanted to express interest in another Prime ammo group buy and got out over my ski's by not realizing I was even in the PX section. So obviously I have issues with basic instruction/reading comprehension as well, but fortunately the mods seem to be cool here. Regardless, apologies to the board again for being "that guy".

Now you know way more about me that you wanted to. Thx for having me and hope to get to know some of you a little better moving forward!