• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Grendel SPR Recommendation

zekers7

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2017
Im trying to decide on an optic for my mk12 clone. Its built as a 6.5 grendel so can punch out to distance easily.

Currently looking at :

- SWFA 3-15x ($520)
-Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44 with G3 Reticle ($800)
- Leupold VX5-HD MOA29 reticle ($870)

Any of those options good? Any other recs?

Last edited:
Appreciate it. I dont need the optic to be MK12 specific - just a good long range optic for grendle

Your original thread was titled....

MK12 SPR Clone Optic Recommendation

before you changed it.

Thats what made me suggest to you the NF 2-10 which was the scope for a Mk12

Zekers,
one of my favorite rifles is a SPR'ish Grendel. It rocks. I used a Bushnell LRTS 3-12 for awhile, and while I LOVE that optic, I really need an illuminated reticle for my uses. I currently have an 'old school' NF NXS F1 3-15 mil/MilR mounted up. While it is a bit heavy, it is still a great optic, and serves my needs well. YMMV.

Best,

Will

I run the older Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44 with G2 reticle on my SPR-ish 18" barreled AR. I find it to be an excellent match for that platform size- and weight-wise, and it is a very reliable scope that tracks well. I am also a fan of the G2 reticle. I would imagine that the updated version of the LRTS would be even better since it has 10mil/rev turrets and improved glass. I am not sure how much of an improvement the G3 reticle is over the G2, but I would say that the 3-12 LRTS on the whole is a terrific scope particularly for this application.

I am tired of hearing any 18in ar as a mark 12 or a spr...

Big issues in your scopes is zero stops. Don’t think the swfa has them. I would look to see if a gen 2 3-15pst goes in the px or ask a dealer as there is room in them. Good scope for that set up

Reactions: trob_205
Big issues in your scopes is zero stops. Don’t think the swfa has them. I would look to see if a gen 2 3-15pst goes in the px or ask a dealer as there is room in them. Good scope for that set up

The current LRTS 3-12x44 has a zero stop, at least according to Bushnell's specs.