• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Griffin muzzle brake?

kingjr

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2012
Fl
Anyone here run these in 5.56 flavor??
If so how do you like it. I bought 2 from Aimsurplus as I have been looking for Surefire for weeks to no avail. IIRC the 2 look very similar sans the 2 top holes on the Surefire... hope it works well in 3gun!!

Re: Griffin muzzle brake?

I have one, I love it. It definitely cuts down on the recoil impulse making it a light push straight back, so follow up shots are very manageable since there is very little to no muzzle climb. Also there isn't ridiculous concussion that you get from other completely open brakes and it doesn't act like a flamethrower. If I remember correctly when I was researching brakes I read that the surefire was a very effective brake for controlling muzzle climb but it was heavy on the concussion and flash that in my opinion make it less practical for an on the go carbine that I was building. I've found that the Griffin comp has been very helpful for my needs and it came at a very good price.

Ah my bad I see now that you are talking about their traditional brake, I have their comp. I don't have any experience personally with their brake.

I have the brake. Very nice piece of equipment. Concussion is not much different from anything else from behind the rifle. I'm not sure how it is from the side, though, because I haven't gotten anyone else to shoot it. I'd imagine it's pretty impressive. I have a picture of visible shock waves in the dirt under the brake after 80 rounds prone. I don't think you'll be disappointed, but know that it'll be "louder" than a compensator or flash hider.

thanks guys! I know the Surefire's are very loud and shoot some serious flames out sideways! I expect the Griffin will be too but that's ok, primarily used on my comp. gun