• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin octane 45 baffle upgrade

I feel like I've seen this before....Now we just need Gemtech to come in and cry to BATFE
Never really been a fan of Gemtech... That was one reason. But the other is they are just like Leupold, Swarovski, and many other companies...Living on a legacy, and not releasing anything new tech. Just repackaging 30 year old tech in new fancy externals to make people think it's "new and improved".

Reactions: Jack's Dad
I own both the GA and Sisco 9mm cans. Sound the same to me. I wouldn't bother.

Has anyone upgraded their octane with the griffin baffles? If so was it worth it?
I have not heard of them upgrading other company's suppressors but who knows. It could be possible I guess.

That said I have two Griffin cans that I upgraded. I upgraded my Revolution 9 to the new Eco Baffles and that was WELL worth it. It was quiet before, but it was noticeably better and more quiet after the upgrade. Just to kind of give you a rough idea... if you configure the Revolution 9 in the short configuration and compare it to the long configuration, that is about the same sound reduction difference I experienced going from the old version to the new version (when comparing apples to apples, both in the long configuration). That's not scientific by any means, but rather based on 6 years of using that can.

The other can I upgraded was an older version of the Recce 5. I went from Gen 3 to the latest and greatest. According to the numbers I was able to piece together from online sources from the Gen 2 version to the current version the 'at the ear' readings dropped 12db. That's a lot. I can guess my generation of can to the current was around about an 8db at the ear drop. That was enough for me to claim victory in the upgrade for sure. Going from the Gen 4 to the latest Eco Baffle the ear drop was around 4db. That's not enough to warrant the money IMO.

In either case to me it's awesome that Griffin allows you to upgrade existing cans. That's just awesome by all counts.

Griffin does it. They just swap out the baffles.
Can you provide a link to anything saying that they upgrade other company's stuff?

They have been offering upgrades for Griffin cans for more than two years but this is the first I have ever heard of anyone saying they will do it for other brands.

Until I see something otherwise I think this is all academic because it's possible that either I didn't see them offering that service, or that you are mistaken in thinking it applies to other brands.

The only thing (I think) that goes across brands is their cam lok system. You can buy Griffin pistons for a ton of cans of all sorts of varying makes and models that work with almost every major manufacturer.

Can you provide a link to anything saying that they upgrade other company's stuff?

They have been offering upgrades for Griffin cans for more than two years but this is the first I have ever heard of anyone saying they will do it for other brands.

Until I see something otherwise I think this is all academic because it's possible that either I didn't see them offering that service, or that you are mistaken in thinking it applies to other brands.

The only thing (I think) that goes across brands is their cam lok system. You can buy Griffin pistons for a ton of cans of all sorts of varying makes and models that work with almost every major manufacturer.

Reactions: reubenski
Yes, but that is for Griffin cans.

As far as I know that is only to upgrade from previous generations of Griffin cans, not to switch out baffles from another manufacturer.

I could be completely wrong but I've upgraded two cans with them already and that's my understanding.

That said they very well might be able to include other manufacturers and I just don't know about it.

GA Revolution 9 from 2016
Sisco Octane 9 from 2018
If you get your Griffin can upgraded to the new Eco Flow baffles it will make a big difference.

Mine is from roughly the same era as yours except mine now has the latest baffles in it.

Like I said above, if you can imagine the sound difference between the K configuration and the long configuration as you currently have, that's about the same amount of improvement you would get going from your current long configuration to the new eco flow baffles (also in the long configuration).

Yes, but that is for Griffin cans.

As far as I know that is only to upgrade from previous generations of Griffin cans, not to switch out baffles from another manufacturer.

I could be completely wrong but I've upgraded two cans with them already and that's my understanding.

That said they very well might be able to include other manufacturers and I just don't know about it.
Use the drop down dude. You are completely wrong. Just arguing to argue.

1653253695126.png

Griffin also talks about it on arf. One example thread from taking 20sec to google it:

You can upgrade a octane 9 or 45. Believe me.
That's my question. Where do you see (anywhere) that says they offer upgrades to other manufacturers?

I'm not saying you are wrong but rather if I can confirm that they will do other brands of suppressors I have a list of friends to send them over to Griffin.

Use the drop down dude. You are completely wrong. Just arguing to argue.

View attachment 7874914

Griffin also talks about it on arf. One example thread:
I'm not arguing with anyone. I have personally upgraded more than one can with Griffin and I'm typing from my phone.

It was previously not an option, but apparently it is now. That is all I was trying to confirm.