• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Griffin Optimus with tilt barrel piston

mike278

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Chattanooga,TN
I know that according to the user manual it is verboten to use the tilt barrel piston with a fixed barrel rifle, as the recoil will damage the mechanism. Does anyone know if this is actually an issue with a heavy barrel 22LR? I want to try the suppressor on a 10/22, but Griffin is out of stock on the fixed barrel spacer to use it correctly.

I have serious doubts that a 10/22 is going to cause issues.

That being said, it comes with a taper mount adapter and a brake. You could throw that on the 10/22 and avoid the problem all together.

I have serious doubts that a 10/22 is going to cause issues.

That being said, it comes with a taper mount adapter and a brake. You could throw that on the 10/22 and avoid the problem all together.

Thanks for the reply. You're right about the adapter, I just hate moving things from gun to gun. Plus I wanted to use the 22 cal end cap, and it's only for the short configuration.