• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Griffin taper mount question

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Maine
On the back of the 2 muzzle devices I just received (stealth FH 2.25, Paladin 30), there are 2 relief cuts. They almost look like spanner notches.

Ok to back this againt my timing shims? Is it OK to cover it entirely? One of them is going on a rifle with a 1.25" straight taper, and will rarely be fired without the can.

Stupid question, I know; but better to ask.

Also, thanks @GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT for all the bad ass stickers! Mighty quick shipping too, very pleased thus far.

I’ve put them on shims, teeny barrels and m24s and never had an issue at all related to them

What I did have was an opportunity to use them once when my devise came off in my can and I was thankful they were there :)

Reactions: AMGtuned
Yes. You can mount them and cover it with shims or whatever. Those are if your muzzle device gets stuck inside the can. This happens when the muzzle device is not torqued correctly or when the can is new and people insert the muzzle device before it's installed on the barrel.

Yes. You can mount them and cover it with shims or whatever. Those are if your muzzle device gets stuck inside the can. This happens when the muzzle device is not torqued correctly or when the can is new and people insert the muzzle device before it's installed on the barrel.
That was my thought. Seen too many people go through that mess with the cherry bomb

Thanks for the replies all! Definitely excited to use these; I've been using a different mounting system, that requires my neurotic brain to continue checking the can.

Thanks for the replies all! Definitely excited to use these; I've been using a different mounting system, that requires my neurotic brain to continue checking the can.

Which can did you get? FWIW I have never had a Griffin taper mount come loose on me.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Which can did you get? FWIW I have never had a Griffin taper mount come loose on me.
All my cans are F1. Built them myself. Mounting solutions, however, are tricky for a beginner.

Previous mount was a brake with 13/16 threads on the outside. Once threaded on, the proximal adapter and brake were just flat to flat contact. Never lost one, but I found myself checking too often.

The Griffin system seems to have a good following, and a quality product. Plus I have some bad ass mounts for my cans that I'm looking forward to using. Minimal length added.

I'm running a griffin brake on my 6.5 and so far the return to zero seems to have been perfect whilst donning and doffing the can

I picked up a Paladin 5 HD with some accessories at their 30% off sale.

Going through the Capitol Armory Form 4 process that they use for their sales.

The taper mount system seems ideal and the slots for separating the can from the muzzle device is a great idea,

Last edited: