• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grip Issue

backwatch

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 15, 2018
Chesapeake, Va
I’m finding it pretty difficult to maintain a good grip on my stock with my firing hand and maintain a 90° trigger finger. It seems like my grip is too far away from the trigger. My middle and ring fingers most of the time only touch the grip with the tip. My stock is a Bell and Carlson competition/target stock. I’m wanting to upgrade to a McMillan A5, but I’m worried that I’ll run into the same problem. I haven’t found anywhere near me that I can put my hands on the McMillan. Are all traditional stocks like this? Should I opt for a chassis with an adjustable grip and length of pull? For now, do I compromise my grip or my trigger finger?

Of rotate your hand,

the 3 grasper fingers just come straight back and not necessarily "gripping' the stock in a circular fashion, it's straight to the rear pressure.

So you adjust the hand to support the firing task, that task is first, the 90 degree trigger, second the straight back pressure

Reactions: Nik H and ShtrRdy
Of rotate your hand,

the 3 grasper fingers just come straight back and not necessarily "gripping' the stock in a circular fashion, it's straight to the rear pressure.

So you adjust the hand to support the firing task, that task is first, the 90 degree trigger, second the straight back pressure
Thank you, sir. I will try it out!