• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Grizzly’s on the farm.

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
I have no problem with dropping grizzly bears close to or in the area of farms, ranches and populated areas. The eco lovers in Washington DC love it.

But, for each and every bear they drop in an area where the local residents and local lawmakers don’t want them, an equal or larger amount of bears should be air dropped over the areas the eco lovers live, the city limits of Los Angeles, San Francisco, new jerk city and most especially Washington DC. Maybe extra bears for Washington DC.

Love it when people in Washington make decisions, they think are right, with no consideration, concern or even knowledge of the needs of the local people (aka big hips obama making schoollunch decisions for my caloric starved, rural, very poor students)

But, for each and every bear they drop in an area where the local residents and local lawmakers don’t want them, an equal or larger amount of bears should be air dropped over the areas the eco lovers live, the city limits of Los Angeles, San Francisco, new jerk city and most especially Washington DC. Maybe extra bears for Washington DC.
That’s a hell of a way to fix the homelessness crisis in our inner cities.

Way to think outside of the box!

I have no problem with dropping grizzly bears close to or in the area of farms, ranches and populated areas. The eco lovers in Washington DC love it.

Love it when people in Washington make decisions, they think are right, with no consideration, concern or even knowledge of the needs of the local people (aka big hips obama making schoollunch decisions for my caloric starved, rural, very poor students)

Equity and inclusivity should work both ways, right?!
BBM=Brown Bears Matter. Sharing is caring.

An old friend of mine used to tell a story ... one day, driving home from work he saw a rattler in the road. He stopped, got out, picked it up, snapped it's neck, and threw it in the back of his truck.

He did this 4 times during his drive home. Each about a mile apart. Crazy, he thought, so many rattlers in the road. It's not that it was uncommon to find snakes soaking up the warm asphalt - but FOUR of them in such a short distance?

Until he came upon an Arkansas Game & Fish truck pulled over at the side of the road - as he passed he saw the AGFC guy pulling a snake from a bucket and sitting it off the side of the road....

Said he went back through about a half an hour later and picked up three more.

Same general thing happened in East Texas this past spring. Out of nowhere, locals getting bit and dogs dying from timber rattler bites that never happened in the past. They blamed Texas Parks and Wildlife for putting them in the area.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Same general thing happened in East Texas this past spring. Out of nowhere, locals getting bit and dogs dying from timber rattler bites that never happened in the past. They blamed Texas Parks and Wildlife for putting them in the area.
I almost said roden control, but a black snake would do just as good a job and kill the rattlers

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I almost said roden control, but a black snake would do just as good a job and kill the rattlers
How dare you!

The eco worriers love predators, want all the dangerous predators that an environment can hold, if not an over population. That would make things just the way they were 100,000 years ago, before humans crossed the land bridge into North America. That’s what everyone wants…Right? Isn’t that what you want? Lots of rattlesnakes and bears and wolves and heck, maybe with some reverse engineering we can bring back the saber tooth tiger. Wouldn’t it be nice?

Especially for those Assholes who live in New Jerk City where the closest they ever come to living in the “Real” world is getting mugged in Central Park. (And then blame the rescuer because he chose to use a weapon, instead of sacrificing himself, getting both the mugged and the rescuer killed.)

How dare you!

The eco worriers love predators, want all the dangerous predators that an environment can hold, if not an over population. That would make things just the way they were 100,000 years ago, before humans crossed the land bridge into North America. That’s what everyone wants…Right? Isn’t that what you want? Lots of rattlesnakes and bears and wolves and heck, maybe with some reverse engineering we can bring back the saber tooth tiger. Wouldn’t it be nice?

Especially for those Assholes who live in New Jerk City where the closest they ever come to living in the “Real” world is getting mugged in Central Park. (And then blame the rescuer because he chose to use a weapon, instead of sacrificing himself, getting both the mugged and the rescuer killed.)
Everything has its place in the eco system, and when things get out of balance there are consequences. Look at the python invasion in Florida

Personally, I'm, thankful that there are wild places like Yellowstone where wolves run free and I can go listen to their song. Will they kill the occasional ranchers cow. Yep. As long as he makes reasonable efforts to protect them, I'd have no problem with a government program to re imburse him, fairly. They help keep other parts of the system in balance. Or the Grand Canyon. Or Big Bend. I don't want to see oil wells or cattle there.

Are you a Joanie Mitchel Fan? Want to pave it al over and have one big fucking parking lot. You go ahead, I like sone wild places.

Rattlesnakes? Not so much but they do have their place. Belts. Hat bands.

Edit to add: And occasionally, if one gets to fond of domestic beef, a wolf may need killed. Thats life, but to try to exterminate them for the sake of profit...I want the wild place, not a parking lot.

Last edited:
Everything has its place in the eco system, and when things get out of balance there are consequences. Look at the python invasion in Florida

Personally, I'm, thankful that there are wild places like Yellowstone where wolves run free and I can go listen to their song. Will they kill the occasional ranchers cow. Yep. As long as he makes reasonable efforts to protect them, I'd have no problem with a government program to re imburse him, fairly. They help keep other parts of the system in balance. Or the Grand Canyon. Or Big Bend. I don't want to see oil wells or cattle there.

Are you a Joanie Mitchel Fan? Want to pave it al over and have one big fucking parking lot. You go ahead, I like sone wild places.

True.

But let's let the ranchers factor their losses into beef prices and leave the government out of it.

Reactions: Maggot

Joni Mitchell, huh, I remember that son when it first came out. The deer were rare, but one could take a dip in the local bayou without having to worry with alligators. Cottonmouth existed as well as copperheads and rattlers, but few ever got bit. Bass were in the streams and bream were plentiful. Throwing scraps into the lake to feed them and the abundant ant soft shelled turtles was ok.

Do I want paradise paved? NO, I grew up close to Monroe, Louisiana, where virtually every piece of history was torn down and an empty parking lot put in its place…”The Pacemaker City.”

I much prefer the woods and the fields, but my problem is not the eco system, its not the prey or the predators, but the officials with no knowledge or care, making decisions that harm the people who have to live with those decisions.

You cannot remake the North American Continent, just like it was. Yes, I bemoan the loss of the buffalo and its ability to roam. And yes, it would be nice to see a native buffalo back in Louisiana. Last one here was 1815. Yes, I miss the bayou that I grew up on. Now its a walled in, narrow lake. As wild as a swimming pool, only now infested (literally) with alligators that due to regulations, we are not allowed to freely hunt. A few hunters get a limited number of tags, because the people in New York, Las Angeles and Washington DC love the alligators that WE have to live with. See my point?

Final thought, they put the wolves back into the Yellowstone. It is my understanding that they decimated the elk, but worse, became infested with parasites and the ecosystem was practically destroyed by infected, starving wolves. Its never going to be the same, Never. As much as I wish you were a 100% right, its not going to happen.

I give you the last word in this debate.

Reactions: mosin46