• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

groin protector / nut slapper

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
So I noticed that an 8x8" plate will fit into a groin protector. But I have never heard of anyone doing it. Obviously it would be less than optimal for jogging. Has anyone heard of it being done, and to good effect?

Re: groin protector / nut slapper

that would probably break the back of my knuckles

LMAO

What would the application be?

It wouldn't have worked in any situation I have been in. The groin protector is a pain in the ass as it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would the application be?</div></div>

Walking around the FOB waiting for someone to nut tap you, then laughing.

+1 on the pain in the ass....put a steel plate in there and you'll be runnin around like you got 3 corn cobs shoved up ur ass and a dick like an elephant. I dont think normal walking would come easy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would the application be?</div></div>

Walking around the FOB waiting for someone to nut tap you, then laughing. </div></div>

yeah, busted knuckles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep, about a worthless idea. </div></div>

Never been in a fireteam with 18 year olds have you?

I don't know of anyone who would wear the groin protector at all if they have the option much less add a plate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Never been in a fireteam with 18 year olds have you? </div></div>

For quite some time.

Punch a guy in the mouth once and it stops the nut slapping shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know of anyone who would wear the groin protector at all if they have the option much less add a plate. </div></div>

You have to, it's a part of uniform, if not counseling statement or Article 15.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For quite some time.

Punch a guy in the mouth once and it stops the nut slapping shit.</div></div>

Then get an assault charge on you because the pog told on you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimzal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep, about a worthless idea. </div></div>

Never been in a fireteam with 18 year olds have you? </div></div>

Your a tool.

Clearly, over a joke, I am a tool. <grammar>You're a fool.</grammar>

^ and look at the hardcore grunts making like pogs! ROFLMMFAO! Even during a deployment some folks recognized the fact that some people DO deserve to get beat up.
Only a POG ASS CO would try to file assault charges on the guy that whacked the guy who nut smacked him. THAT CO would probably be a Admin Adjutant or some other pog ass joker before he became a CO to 'get his combat experience'. Oh man, I think I just made myself a little sick...

<span style="font-size: 20pt">SILENCE EVERYONE!
</span>
chuck_norris.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only a POG ASS CO would try to file assault charges on the guy that whacked the guy who nut smacked him.</div></div>

Seen a company grade article 15 given out for a joke about someone's mother. The pog was in a support battalion and went to his chain of command. CO was a desk jockey throughout his entire career.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: viper68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know of anyone who would wear the groin protector at all if they have the option much less add a plate. </div></div>
You have to, it's a part of uniform, if not counseling statement or Article 15.
</div></div>

As I said if you read the post "if they had the option" that said I know plenty who don't wear them or the shoulder weights. You are only out of uniform if someone has an issue with it, I know of many who do not. I am thankfully no longer restrained buy someone thousands of miles away who has never had to really move in one and their made up arbitrary rules, so I go without.

In 2 1/2 deployments I have never worked with anyone who wore it at all, I personally never wore any of the extra crap.

I saw a platoon sgt once handing out Article 15's like candy, he had to, he had stolen gas/oil from the motorpool for his hunting trip to Kodiak and was being investigated, so to discredit all witnesses he article 15'd them on everything he could.

So you guys have to wear some sort of cup at a FOB?

I wear one about half the time in karate, after kicking a guy in the groin the other night I've been wearing it a lot more often...

Scott, there is nothing quite eye opening as the pain of a solid kick and having the edge slide just over one of the boys as impact hits. I truly do not know if wearing the thing was better or worse when that happened, but wear I did. Chicks kick freakin HARD!

There wasnt a damn one of us that wore that sorry ass nut protector. If you were to get hit with anything, the sheer force of the impact would be like getting slammed in the nuts with a maul with Arnold (in his prime)swingin it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: viper68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For quite some time.

Punch a guy in the mouth once and it stops the nut slapping shit.</div></div>

Then get an assault charge on you because the pog told on you. </div></div>

Wouldn't know about that. Was never in a pogue unit, and most of the pogues I was around knew better than to physically fuck with grunts. If some dumbass slapped you in the nuts the BC would have fully understood you reducing his smile by a couple teeth.

It's not unheard of for personal disputes in infantry units to be settled with some impromptu boxing behind the conex boxes. It's not bravado, it's just the truth.