• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Groundhogs! ** Graphic **

berdman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2014
Now that it's warming up and getting green in PA ; the woodchucks are comin out! Anyone else killin em?
Got this one with my 700 16.5" chambered in 223.
yqeja9y8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Nice, i was just telling my buddy, its getting hot enough to check out our praire dog towns for another disembowling good time. I use my weatherby S2, .243 with some handloads that devaste them from 50-300+ yards away. Happy hunting fellas.

Mark

My neighbor was complaining last night about the groundhog in his backyard "I don't know how to get rid of them" he says. Naturally, being a friendly neighbor I told him that I'd be happy to help out. "Do we trap them?" he asks... "No...I shoot them." He thought about that for a minute and got a big smile, like it had never occurred to him, and I'm pretty sure he'll be calling me next time he sees them tearing up his yard... :)

Oh yeah, whacking them down here in VA too. Here's a juvenile that didn't learn to keep running. The Sierra 77 SMK does surprisingly well on chucks in the Mk 262 mod 1 ammo.

Check out the strictly chuckin thread.

Saw that thread, very nice! I'm up to 43 so far this year. Got a phone call yesterday, my buddy told me they have the fields cut on another property of his so I'm headed over there this afternoon.
Pics to follow........

Another one fallen by the HK. If you believe everything you read about these being 1-2 moa guns you have been terribly mislead. This one was a little over 460 yd.

Here are three more taken out by the 22-250 AI and a 75 amax. And yes, that is his little groundhog tongue laying beside him in top photo. Impact blew it right out of his mouth about six feet forward.

Identify this!

Last edited:
I wish we had more of them around here... That looks like too much fun!

The only ones I have seen here live in the storm drain in my office parking lot. Between the offices and the road right behind them, they are safe (unfortunately)