• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Group Buy - IDF Surplus Gear

wigwamitus

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
LBJ
PRD Defense got a batch of surplus IDF gear and are able to offer it to the Hide at reduced pricing.

Here is the list and the prices. I'll start posting up more info on the individual items with some pics.

PriceDescription
$460.00Schmitt and Bender… 2.5-10x56… Fantastic optics, not repainted or refurbished, some wear and tear, 30mm tube.
$395.00Trijicon ACOG.. TA01, tritium illum only, no fibre optic, 4x32, NSN 240-01-412-6608, ARMS QD Mount, case and manual
$225.00Steiner 7x50 Binoculars, Repainted w/ case. 5 and 10 mil subtensions on an "L" shaped ranging reticle.
$245.00Steiner 8x30 Binoculars, Repainted w/ case.
$650.00Leupold 12-40x60 spotting scope…with small tripod and Desert Tan scope cover ... mildot reticle ... m151 equivalent
$595.00T-Pocket Gen 2 Handheld Night Vision Scope… With pouch and hard case.
$1,995.00MUM-14 Gen 3, 1600FOM Night Vision Scope w/ skull crusher head harness and mount. These are NEW US manufacture.
$1,800.00PVS-7D / M963 single tube NVG Gen 3 1600 FOM… NEW US Manufacture
$5,200.00NV Goggles NL-93G SpecOps NVG Kit with head mount, battery pack and accessories. NEW.
$145.00Photonics Rifle scopes… 6x42… Great Glass, repainted or cleaned up depending or condition when received. Ballistic reticle, probable 26mm tube.
$2,250.00ATN modular Day / Night Weapons Sight Kit, 4-12X80. NEW

Note, most of these items are used with scrapes and dings and such and no warranties ... so treat these more as "flea market" items ... not NIB.

But all of them have been tested and everything works ... and many of them have been refurbed as well. And I have some samples and I have to say my expectations were exceeded !

==
Types of payment accepted:

Wires (clear within 24 hours)
Checks or Money orders (clear within 7 business days)(Personal checks ok, they just have to clear)

No PayPal
No Credit Cards

Last edited:
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
48489696011_b805aef9ef_k.jpg

ok at 9 o'clock we have the Leupold 12-40x spotter in its pouch ... an M151 work-a-like ...

From 12 to 1 o'clock we have the ACOG and its pouch ... this has a 5.56 ballistic reticle, but no illumination.

Right below the ACOG is the S&B 2.5-10x DUP .. a "klassic" ... no illumination ... no parallax ... does have diopter ... is an FFP. Has some scrapes but glass looks great. This is a 30mm tube.

Then below the S&B is the Photonis day scope ... a 6x fixed scope ... no illum .. no parallax ... has diopter ... has a rubber shield for the objective. Also a 30mm tube.

Then at the bottom, last but NOT least are the Steiner 7x50 binos with a large mil reticle ... and a carry case.

... more to come ...

Last edited:
Thru lens pic of the L&S 12-40x spotter ... cattle at 400yds ... apologize for poor quality but I am not very good at handheld thru lens pics. I need to get a "side-shot" !

48492802712_75830e8977_k.jpg

==
This is thru the steiner 7x-50s ... shumac at 70yds ... sunflowers 150yds ... ridge line in distance 420yds ...

48490763487_01c364308a_k.jpg

==
This is the ACOG 4x ... ridge 415yds ...

48492806872_8ddcca964c_k.jpg

==
This is the S&B 2.5-10x DUP ... again apologies for the image ... the bad coloration is the phone cam. And me not being a photographer!

48492841152_46ebb50547_k.jpg

==
I'll try to retake this ... but at least wanted to put up something ... this is the photonis 6x42 day scope ... I'm not sure what the values of the subtensions are ... need to work that out.

48492846522_1c0a0a574a_k.jpg

==
Also, there are quite a few of some of these ... here are the quantities ...

qtydesc
9Schmitt and Bender… 2.5-10x56… Fantastic optics, not repainted or refurbished, some wear and tear, 3mm tube.
30Trijicon ACOG.. TA01, tritium illum only, no fibre optic, 4x32, NSN 240-01-412-6608, ARMS QD Mount, case and manual
40Steiner 7x50 Binoculars, Repainted w/ case.
38Steiner 8x36 Binoculars, Repainted w/ case.
0Leupold 12-40x60 spotting scope…with small tripod and Desert Tan scope cover.
7T-Pocket Gen 2 Handheld Night Vision Scope… With pouch and hard case.
12MUM-14 Gen 3, 1600FOM Night Vision Scope w/ skull crusher head harness and mount. These are NEW US manufacture.
2PVS-7D / M963 single tube NVG Gen 3 1600 FOM… NEW US Manufacture
2NVG Goggles NL-93G SpecOps NVG Kit with head mount, battery pack and accessories. NEW.
43Photonics Rifle scopes… 6x42… Great Glass, repainted or cleaned up depending or condition when received. Ballistic reticle, probable 26mm tube.
17ATN modular Day / Night Weapons Sight Kit, 4-12X80. NEW

==
And please ask any questions you might have and I will either answer or get answers.

Thanks for looking !!

Last edited:
I am interested in one of the Leupold spotters. What’s the tripod look like? I understand there’s no warranty, what about an inspection or return policy?

Ok, Leupold spotters: They sent me one as a sample (shown above ... more pics coming). The one I got did NOT come with any tripod. So, I need to ask about that. No answer yet, but I will ask the question today and post answer. My hope is they just "forgot" to include the tripod with the sample unit they sent me.

==

As to "inspection or return policy" .. I did discuss this with PRG.
They said "we do not want to be in the returns business".
But at the same time ... if a delivered unit is "broken" ...or "non-functional" ... they would replace it.

They tell me they inspected and tested ALL the units.
I asked for and received samples of 5 of the units.
Of the units I received ... all look acceptable to me ... with the possible exception of the Steiner binos ... which seem to have some "stuff" on the front right objective lens. I tried cleaning it yesterday and no improvement. I will triple down and try again to clean it today and report back. The issue seems to be "a spot with a smudge" ... and this should be removable ... with the right chemicals and process. I'm on it.
As to the glass on the Leupold, the S&B, the Photonis and the ACOG, absolutely perfect, no issues.

So back to the "policy" ... to some extent it will be "a case by case basis" ... hopefully there will be no "clearly broken" cases, like a cracked lens or a turret that won't turn. But if there are any such cases, I'm 5000% sure those cases would be replaced. On the other end of the spectrum .. if there are cosmetic issues ... like scratches on the housing ... I'm 5000% sure PRG would resist a return in that sort of case.

For the cases in the middle, I do believe they will be "reasonable" ... and so far with the RAPTAR program we did back in May/June of this year (2019) they were totally reasonable and easy to deal with.

==
Good questions !!! Keep asking away and I will answer or get answers if I do not know !!
:)

Yes, FFP on the spotter and the S&B.

Mounting up the S&B for testing ... this is on my mk12-ish ... had to use "rails on rails" as other wise with this mount (a 1.25 center) and objective (56mm) ... the objective barely touches the forerail ... and we can't have that.

48495838971_25a3666d6a_k.jpg

The hyper redness on the objective on the S&B is the laser filter. The black splotch seen in the object is reflection from items in the room. The objective surface is hyper-reflective with that laser filter on there. A field expedient ARD might be indicated :)

And the question on the tripod for the spotter has been asked back to PRG, hope for an answer shortly.

Ok fixed the smudge on the lens of the steiners ... really funny .. for some of the pics I opened the window ... for some I left it closed ... the "smudge" was on the window .. not the steiner glass !! What I thought I saw on the steiner glass was a reflection ... crazy me ...
Removed the "smudge" from the window and now image clear.

Ok, here's a pic of the spotter outside its pouch ... looks like an m151 to me ...

48496982456_aae3f8df95_k.jpg

It comes with a xerox copy of the manual and the tan pouch ... and here is a pic of the tripod ...

48497179592_d09e91330c_k.jpg

And here is a pic of the reticle ... with the unit at the wall so the reticle can be seen with no distractions ...

48496293031_d6df9dbe67_k.jpg

And again $650 for these units with 3 of them in stock.

So if I understand correctly it still takes 7 days for money orders (such as postal money orders) to clear?
Are we sending the payments you or another company directly?

Send payments to me.
But then I wire them to the other company ... so no lost time in that direction.
This method seemed to work well in the RAPTAR group buy. It gives payers more flexibility in how they pay and removes this "handling" from the vendor(s) on the back end ... who for the most part aren't really staffed for this sort of handling.

PM sent with further instructions ...

Are the 8X Steiners 8x30?

Ive never seen 8x36 in their catalog.

Great prices. Thanks for thinking of us and trying to kill my savings.

... What’s the model number on the 7-50 Steiner binoculars? ...

These are the first steiner binos I've ever held ... so not sure ...

48500437017_a3548b24cf_k.jpg

I'm guessing this ^^ is the serial rather than the model.

Up in post #2 above you can see a top down view of the 7x50s ...

And here is a shot of the reticle with the binos pointed at the wall ... I'm pretty sure those are mils ... so 10 ... 20 .. etc mils ... I guess for ranging really big stuff like aircraft carriers !? ;)

48500456612_50c59437d7_k.jpg

And the poor quality is me not knowing how to take good thru lens pics .. the reticle is totally crisp and clear in real life.

If more pics would help, let me know and I'll take them!

==

Are the 8X Steiners 8x30?

Ive never seen 8x36 in their catalog ...

Great question! I didn't get a set of those in my sample box ... question has been asked back to the dealer ...

Reactions: pmclaine
Most of my pics can be clicked on to see the largest view of them.

... Are the schmidt benders fixed parallax? ...

No parallax adjustment on these. That said, I'm pretty finicky about parallax. I got the NXS 2.5-10x MILR cause it has parallax adjustment (and zero stop). I had a Burris 1.5-8x and sold it cause it looked fuzzy to me 500yds plus. I had an ACOG and an ELCAN, sold the ACOG cause it looked fuzzy at 500yds and the ELCAN didn't (why not IDK). But this S&B does not look fuzzy at any distance. Poor thru lens pic in post #2 above (I'll try to take a better one tomorrow). But everything was non-fuzzy in real life .. the sunflowers at 150yds and the ridge line at 415yds no fuzzy. So, they do not seem to need parallax adjustment, but they do not have it.

Ok seven items SPF yesterday. I updated the quantities remaining in post #3 above ^^

3 x L&S Spotters (all those are now spoken for)
1 x RAPTAR (yes the dealer still has some of those)
1 x S&B
2 x Photonis

Thanks for participating !!!

Last edited:
Any pictures of the 8X? Steiner binos.

If you can get a pic of mil reticle the 8s have that would be helpful.

Different customers had Steiner do some weird stuff.

Still working on the 8x steiner answers ... PRG says they will either send me pics or a unit.

==
Last night I mounted up the ACOG sample ... was going to try to shoot it behind my skeet.

48525631886_2fcef4b4d4_k.jpg

For some reason PRG changed out the mounts and instead of the usual ACOG mount, they put this really long mount on there ... and net/net that is forcing the skeet farther forward mounting on the "bridge" between the receiver rail and the forearm arm and that will NOT likely improve the POI :(

I will ask them why they swapped out the rail.

==
But the good new is "I lied" :D PRG told me these ACOGs were non-Illuminated ... but in the day time .. the reticle in solid black ... but at night part of it is red. IDK, maybe it isn't illuminated .. but it changes colors at night :)

48525628686_697053a253_k.jpg

==
Here's the reticle in the day ...

48492806872_8ddcca964c_k.jpg

And here's acog with regular mount ...

TA11F_additional_thumb.jpg

The ACOG's are TA01 style which are tritium illumination only. Since they don't have the fiber optic it only shows the illumination in low light as you observed.

Reactions: wigwamitus
Status Updates

S&B 2.5-10x dplx
I am still testing this scope ... I did finally figure out how to get the turrets to work !! :)
Yesterday I was able to zero the scope on a 20 MOA rail on .300WM ... but it turned out the 20 MOA rail was not required.
Here's the thread discussing the details.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/help-with-s-b-klassik.6956362/#post-7906375

I still want to move the S&B back to the 5.56(18) and zero it there. But now I'm sure I know how the turrets work (which is like none I've every used before).

==
PRG are sending me one of the 8x Steiners, so I will be able to put up pics of the binos and the reticle in a few days.
==
They are also sending me the ATN scope mentioned in the list. I'd never heard of this critter and it turns out they have 17 of them, not just 2 (I will update the quantity). Briefly, this is a regular day scope BUT you have screw off the real eye pieces and then screw on a substitute eye piece which includes a gen 3 tube. And also there is a special filter on the front of the NV eye pieces to protect it from the illuminated reticle.
So, I'll be testing this critter and putting up pieces of same shortly.

image.png

4-12x80

The Long-range Day/Night 4-12x80 Day/Night Weapon Sight formatted with a Generation 3 image intensifier tube is a highly accurate daytime sniper scope. The 80mm objective lens and 40mm tube combined with the best German quality multicoated glass makes this sight an unparalleled Day/Night Weapon sight. Key features include 4x to 12x variable Power Zoom, 1000-Yard Bullet drop Compensator with interchangeable ballistic barrels for six calibers, 1000 Yard stadia Range Finder and a super sharp, illuminated Reticle with 10 light settings. Additional features include 1/8 MOA adjustment at 100 yards, 100% weather resistance and Matte Black milspec finish with beryllium powder coating.

To convert the LRDNR 4-12x80 rifle scope to a Night Vision Weapon Sight all that needs to be done is a simple twist of the daytime riflescope eyepiece and replace it with a Night Vision eyepiece converting your scope into a high quality, very accurate night vision weapon sight. In addition, the US government just granted ATN with a patent for the feature that prevents Tube burn by the illuminated reticle. The LRDNR 4-12x80mm Day/Night Rifle Scope has enjoyed worldwide acceptance and has been deployed by the Armed Forces of Canada, Mexico, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Ukraine.

Included Accessories: • LRDNR 4-12x80mm Day Night Weapon Sight with Detachable Eyepiece • 40mm mounting rings • Sunshade - Shooting into the sun has always been a problem...until now. Optional sun shade is made of soft, durable rubber and it will not damage your optics. • All necessary batteries • 450mW Long Range IR Infra-red illuminator • 8 Interchangeable ballistic drums - All of the ATN professional lit-reticle riflescopes have a built in adjustment that compensates for bullet drop. The elevation dial is calibrated for bullet drop in increments from 100 yards to 1000 yards. In case the user needs to take a shot at different distances, the alignment process is simplified to the quick turn of a knob. Six interchangeable cams each designed for the above calibers; (.223Rem-5.56mm, .270Win., .308Win., .300Win Mag., 7mm Rem., 30-06 Springfield, .22-250, .243Win., .50BMG ) are included with each Professional LU model. • Tools required for adjustment and ballistic drum replacement • Waterproof HARD CASE - this hardcase has pressure control, it is absolutely airtight and watertight. If you want to open the case after air travel or altitude change, just turn the pressure purge to relieve vacuum.

Daytime: Magnification: 4-12 Objective diameter: 80mm Mounting: 40mm Rings Bullet drop calibers: .50 BMG, .308, 30-. 06, .270, 7 mm Mag, .300 Win Mag. 22- 250, .243 Range-finding included: 1000 yard Illuminated reticle: Yes Power source: 3- volt lithium Battery life: 100 hours Sun shade: Yes Recommended use: Ver Adjustment windage and elevation at 100 yds: 1/ 8 MOA at 100 Yards Weight: 4.2lbs Dimensions: 425x97x88mm Night Vision:

Total darkness tech.: Standard Intensifier tube: Gen 3+, Detection range: 1500m Recognition range: 800m Light gain: 90,000 (nominal) Lens system: 80mm FOV: 6°-2° Diopter adjustment: +/- 5 Resolution: 64lp/mm Power supply: 3v Range of focus: 50y/m to infinity Battery life: 30+ hours Dimensions: 442x125x88mm Weight: 1.95kg (4.3 lbs.)

==
On my ACOG testing, I will be adding a rail on rail ... that will get the ACOG and the Skeet both on a single solid rail and thus minimize the offset.
==

And please ask any questions you might have and I will try to answer!!

Last edited:
Yup and @RWSGunsmithing had me check the tube diameter on the photonics scopes ... I tried a 30mm ring and it was too large ... and then tried a 1 inch ring (25.4mm) and it was too small ... so I will call it 26mm for now ... I've never heard of a 26mm tube or ring size ... but will hunt for some as I want to test this scope also !

Well the manual that came with the scope has a hungarian address printed in it. But I'm not even sure the manual covers the scope I have in hand. As the turrets on the scope I have do not match any of the turrets covered in the manual. And the manual is a xerox copy of a manual.
So, tBH, I'm not sure. Do you know how we can tell for sure ??

Pics of the Israeli "anvis like" nvgs ...

48540390086_9c6db47591_k.jpg

48540547427_463ad6a6d2_k.jpg

These are new manufacture and $5,200 per set.

ok, got a sample of the steiner 8x30 binos ... here's a pic trying to show comparative size ... the steiner 7x50s on the left, then my zeiss 10x45 victory LRFs ... then on the right the steiner 8x30s ...

48559394926_44dcd0097e_k.jpg

Both steiners have 5 mil subtensions ... the 7x has a significantly larger FOV showing 80 mils across ... and 8x shows 50 mils across ... but clearly the 8x are significantly smaller as well.

ok, got a sample of the steiner 8x30 binos ... here's a pic trying to show comparative size ... the steiner 7x50s on the left, then my zeiss 10x45 victory LRFs ... then on the right the steiner 8x30s ...

48559394926_44dcd0097e_k.jpg

Both steiners have 5 mil subtensions ... the 7x has a significantly larger FOV showing 80 mils across ... and 8x shows 50 mils across ... but clearly the 8x are significantly smaller as well.

Those are old school Steiner 8X.

The rubber armor is much thicker and the pivots are aluminum (or metal alloy) rather than the "engineered polymer" Im told the newer binos are made much better with.

I have two sets of these and love them, not the best glass but a great size and the way the hold in hand just generates a steady hold.

Any more pics that might entice me to buy, do I really need a third set?

I just bought a 5.56 barrel off the PX this morning.......why do you guys do this to me.

Im going to mention these to coworkers. Their is better glass but they wont get a faster, sturdier set of eyes.......

Thru lens pic thru the right side barrel of the 8x30 steiners ... the sun flowers (the yellow) are about 80yds ... the top of the ridgeline is 410yds ...

48566147451_37f2618fa8_k.jpg

Of course as always, my thru lens pics sucque ... some more than others ... :)

You can click on the image to make it larger.

Thru lens pic thru the right side barrel of the 8x30 steiners ... the sun flowers (the yellow) are about 80yds ... the top of the ridgeline is 410yds ...

48566147451_37f2618fa8_k.jpg

Of course as always, my thru lens pics sucque ... some more than others ... :)

You can click on the image to make it larger.

Your pictures are fine.

Through the lens pictures are always mind bending as you have to do the opposite of what you think you should do to get a good one.

Whats in the other lens for a reticle?

48567840401_f8a4552959_k.jpg

I think that's 50 mils from side to side in 5 mils increments ... this is the 8x30 reticle ...

48567840401_f8a4552959_k.jpg

I think that's 50 mils from side to side in 5 mils increments ... this is the 8x30 reticle ...

Yes have one just like it I use at work.

The tall lines are ten mils and the middle ones 5 and than I think 2.5.

I think its 5 mils between each line.

Unsure who or why they came up with that system, has to be artillery oriented/call for fire.

Earlier today someone was talking about mounting for Steiner binos ... I got this tripod mount for my zeiss binos ... but it works with the steiner 7x50 and shown here with the 8x30 ... it holds the binos down on a curved, hard plastic base with a rubber strap and a spring loaded latch.

48588558992_ba5a74e0f3_k.jpg

Let me know if any questions.

Do the Steiners have the objective covers and the rear one piece cover?

Readily available if not but nice if they come with.

Negatif. They have a neck strap and a carry pouch (both new).

Negatif. They have a neck strap and a carry pouch (both new).

Tempted on a third set of 8x30s.

Using a set on vacation this week and the are just a perfect size and when scanning horizon to horizon nice not having to adjust a focus wheel and just being able to look.

Third set would go in kitchen drawer to view that hawk, squirrel or ground hog that catches my eye.

Working on gettin' some data on the T-pocket for you, hopefully some pics also.

Reactions: shoobe01
Commits so far:

3 x L&S 12-40x mil-dot spotters [none left :( ]
2 x S&B 2.5-10x dplx [ 8 left ]
3 x ACOG 4x (TA01) [ 27 left ]
7 x Photonics 6x [ 38 left ]

Thanks for participating !