• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Group Buy - IDF Surplus Gear

Ok, @fiveshotdot and I have been sleuthing away on the Photonics 6x42 scopes this morning. Some learnings:

01 - These are Kahles ZF95 scopes
02 - The elevation turret has "M14" inscribed on it (but I do not know what cartridge this would be for)
03 - The CAT NO is engraved on the scope and is "100086042"
04 - There is a serial number engraved on the scope and it has the IDF logo engraved on it as well (as to a number of the items in the group buy)
05 - One article we found says the reticle is a "US Military Ranging Reticle" ... though again the scope has the IDF logo engraved on it beside the serial number.
06 - One article says the scope has a "fast focus" on the rear. I do not think that is the case for the one I have, though it looks identical to the one in the article in question. There does seem to be a "thread protector" on the rear end and you can remove it. And this provide access to a ring around the occular lens which is notched for a spanner wrench. So perhaps this is just how you remove the occur lens? Or perhaps if you had a spanner wrench the fit, this is how you adjust the diopter?

Here are some relevant links

(and note the ZF95 in the B&H link is very different from the one I have ... the one I have is 26mm tube and does not have a mil-dot reticle and does not have a moa elevation turret.

But, at least we know it is some flavor of Kahles ZF95 and has an M14 BDC elevation turret. So crawling forward with information. And these are $145 each in the group buy (and I found 26mm inserts for 30mm rings for $18 on Amazon).

Reactions: TacT-MecH
Just got the ATN 4-16x day/night scope from PRG. I've never seen or even heard of this critter before. Not sure exactly what it's origin is.

48671656251_0a242a3ef1_k.jpg

It is BIG and HEAVY.

It has two different Occular housings that are removable/swapable.

You unlock/unscrew the day occular housing and lens. Then you mount, screw, lock the night occular housing and lens system. This is sort of like mounting a pvs-14 on the rear of a day scope except a more solid mount and with the day occular remove, less glass for the limited ambient light to pass thru before being seen by the 14.

ATN has a patent on a filter for the night occular system (essentially a 14 in a different housing that screws on the back of the scope) that prevents the tube from having the illuminated reticle implanted on the tube.

The unit also has 8 different ballistic elevation knobs.

The rings are also big and heavy. The tube is a 40mm tube.

The rings have inserts that allow MOA adjustability as well as windage. The instructions for the rings are long and detailed !!

I'll be reading all the instructions today and probably start testing this sucquer tomorrow. First want to zero it in the day then will try it at night.

It also has a 450 mW illuminator !

It is rated for up to 50BMG.

This does NOT seem like a piece of chinese ... er "stuff" ... this is something different.

:)

More to come.

Reactions: Stevo3556
Weird, weird. Looking forward to your range tests to learn more.

Clip on night vision to the occular reminds me of things like the Fuji Stabiscope, and... something else. A mil LRF maybe?

Still plenty of gear left (except for the L&S spotters) ... so PM if interested in any of these items (see first few posts for more info)

==
And here's some more info on the Photonics 6x42 scopes.

==
... from Hide member @Stumedic .

The scopes are Austrian made by Photonic who is a subsidiary of Swarovski. They resemble the Kahles but none of the parts interchange. They were an Israeli contract scope. They are 26mm steel tubes. I can find no diopter adjustment on mine. I did a work around to that problem and I posted it on the M14 forum. The ranging system is identical to the Israeli Nimrod scope that preceded it.

And stu also indicated that the M14 BDC reticle is for 175gr cartridges.

Thanks for the data !!

These are $145 in the group buy.

Reactions: TacT-MecH
The Photonics scopes are really nice. The 2 I received had VERY clear glass and one had nice positive clicks and the other was a bit more subtle but could be felt. Buy with confidence.

Tell me more about the S&B turrets?
Click value?
Clicks per revolution?
Total travel?

We still have plenty of items left, except the L&S spotters, those are gone. Let me know what you are interested in!

Did I miss a post on the pocketscopes? Have some folks maybe interested in those. Might be able to get most of them off your hands.

If ever in KC (or nearby), just bring one and tell me, so I can fondle it for a few minutes.

I got some pics on the pocket scopes. I need to post them. Thx for reminding me !!

Reactions: shoobe01
I took my Leupold M151 spotter out today it really rocks. The water tower is 1.5 miles from my location, and my hand held photos don’t do the glass justice. Really easy to pickup mirage, the glass is clear edge to edge, and all the way up to max magnification. I have wanted one of these for a long time and am really glad I picked this up. Thanks again!
D0A99FAB-B8BB-48AD-904E-7DD273E5EB54.jpeg
30CEDDBA-4520-4051-BD29-047A0E8D0E74.jpeg
A0A4D163-D1C0-4D5D-A818-A912DA32FB46.jpeg

I believe the 6x42 scopes have BDC turrets for the M-852 (168-gr SMK) bullets, as that is what the IDF was using in their rifles during that era when the scopes were first fielded. I would also believe they are ZF-84 configuration, instead of ZF-95. I have had various Kahles ZF scopes through the years, and they are awesome scopes. Even though the Paralax is fixed, they are crystal clear to infinity. The threaded eye piece is for tinted inserts (yellow, grey, etc.).

IMG_20191001_075905403.jpg

Last edited:
I've asked PRG for a full inventory of what they have left on all items. They said maybe Wednesday (23 Oct 2019).

I've asked 3 times for inventory and been told they are working on it.
I just asked a 4th time.

Got any more pictures of the Acog's mount?

... Got any more pictures of the Acog's mount? ...

The ACOG mounts are the TA12, all info and pics for them on the trijicon site here.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/ta12

==

Also, finally got partial inventory:

20 x Photonics 6x42 scopes $145

30 x Steiner 7x50 binos $225

30 x Steiner 8x30 binos $245

Was told I would get the rest of the inventory next week

I figured, just wanted to confirm. Pondering the idea of getting one. Thanks

Might have benders, but haven't been able to get them to give us a danged inventory. I'll try again tomorrow.

Reactions: deersniper
I keep asking for an inventory they keep telling me they will send it :D

I will ask again !

Reactions: deersniper
Ok FINALLY got the inventory from PRG

Steiner 7x50
42​
Steiner 8x30
35​
Photonics Scope
46​
S&B Scope
1​
Trijicon ACOG
1​

The one ACOG in inventory is SPF. No more ACOGs left.

Check works, or if you are in a hurry wire. I can send details in PM

BTW, both the S&B and the ACOG are gone. No more of those left. We still have plenty of both steiners and the photonics.