• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gucci NRL .22 Optics

meestermeetch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2018
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker first question I haven't seen directly answered. If it is addressed elsewhere let me know.

If cost is not the primary consideration, what optic are you purchasing for an NRL .22 rifle?

I would purchase the same optic as my match gun a Leupold Mk5 5-25 however neither of mine focus well below about 35 yards.

I would REALLY like it if it would focus down below 15 so I could dry fire in my house.

Options like the NF ATACR 7-35, NX8 2.5-20 and a ZCO 5-25 seem like a strong choices, however I haven't read much about them focus down real low.

Any input is appreciated.

MM

Reactions: CSTactical
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker first question I haven't seen directly answered. If it is addressed elsewhere let me know.

If cost is not the primary consideration, what optic are you purchasing for an NRL .22 rifle?

I would purchase the same optic as my match gun a Leupold Mk5 5-25 however neither of mine focus well below about 35 yards.

I would REALLY like it if it would focus down below 15 so I could dry fire in my house.

Options like the NF ATACR 7-35, NX8 2.5-20 and a ZCO 5-25 seem like a strong choices, however I haven't read much about them focus down real low.

Any input is appreciated.

MM

7-35 ATACR focuses to 10m
NX8 2.5-20 (and the 4-32) focuses to 11 yd
ZCO 527 focuses to 25m

Of the three, I own the ZCO. Even with the parallax disadvantage, it would still be my choice.

"Of the three, I own the ZCO. Even with the parallax disadvantage, it would still be my choice."

MarkLeupold, thank you for the quick reply, and good to know. Not trying to be snarky, but why? ZCO is about the only piece of gucci glass I havent played with at a match which has me a touch worried... Would there be anything else to consider?

S&B PM2 5-25 and 3-27 will focus down to 10m. 5-25 tunnels below 7x. 3-27 does not.

"Of the three, I own the ZCO. Even with the parallax disadvantage, it would still be my choice."

MarkLeupold, thank you for the quick reply, and good to know. Not trying to be snarky, but why? ZCO is about the only piece of gucci glass I havent played with at a match which has me a touch worried... Would there be anything else to consider?

They're all top tier optics. You will probably be happy with whichever one you choose.

Me, I love my ZCO. It is the cream of the crop. Side-by-side with a 7-35 ATACR, the biggest thing I notice is the image size. The ATACR feels like looking through a toilet paper tube (everything does after getting used to the ZCO). It's not that the field of view is any larger, but the picture you see is and it creates a really pleasing experience. It's like watching TV on a 65" instead of a 50".

The rest of the scope is top notch. Tracking is perfect, turrets are very nice, low-light performance is stellar, the eyebox is HUGE, it looks great, and it feels like you could beat a brown bear to death with it.

Depending on what you like about the NF scopes, the ZCO may not be for you, but it's my favorite glass on the market.

The ZCO 420 will focus down / Parallax free to 18 meters in average temp and has a great depth of field . If you need something more specific / closer focus we can get you 15 M without compromising your long range ability . The only exception would be in extremely hot conditions such as 100 -120 F+ in direct sun. Scopes / Parallax adjustment must be tuned according to the average temps they are used in.
Such as extremely cold conditions on average ...vs extreme hot. This is why most manufactures do not engrave distance in yards or meters on the Parallax dial it must be adjusted for different regions world wide and application
We would be happy to adjust your scope for your personal needs if reasonable.

The new XTR3 will parallax down to 18 yards. I'm picking up an 18x for my .22. I've already used the 30x in a match, it performed very well.

It will make a very nice sub 2k (about $1700) for serious .22 rimfire shooters.

Reactions: Moose and bobke
Any word on when the XTR3 18X will be shipping? I heard it might be sometime this month.It would be a nice fit for a vudoo that im building.

Just to throw out something that doesn't get much love. The Sightron SSVED 4.5-24 will focus down to 13 yards

One consideration between the ATACR 7-35 and the NX8s is the parallax sensitivity.

Though you'll definitely have to adjust the parallax out on either, the depth of field on the ATACR is greater, so you'll be working it less.

Any word on when the XTR3 18X will be shipping? I heard it might be sometime this month.It would be a nice fit for a vudoo that im building.

I havent heard the exact day. But it's my understanding that a couple hundred of them are set to ship out once they are through QC. They are putting a lot of eyes on these before they ship.

I'm getting one for a CZ457 I'm building up and customizing. It's a poor man's Voodoo. ;)

That is good news thanks bro.Im happy that they are making sure they are good to go before they release them.

Reactions: Birddog6424