• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Guess lawyers dont like fireman helping cops

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Cops responding to help a high school girl who was being threatened.

The cops "were overrun by the mob and were being kicked and beaten on the ground" so some NY Firemen turn a water cannon on the mob, dispersing them.

Now the defense attorney for part of the "mob" want the firemen investigated.

http://www.policeone.com/close-quarters-...fb_ref=homepage

Guess the lawyer figures it would have been better if the fireman allowed the cops to be beat to death.

Re: Guess lawyers dont like fireman helping cops

Well the lawyer is just doing his job. He would be a horrible lawyer if he didn't investigate all aspects of the incident.

I can feel my blood pressure rising. If the firefighters DIDNT do anything, that SAME lawyer would be bitching about why no one came to help these cops, someone's in trouble blah blah. All that jazz.
Nothing but an ambulance chaser.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now the defense attorney for part of the "mob" want the firemen investigated.</div></div>So what?

Does it strike anyone as odd that the people who are criticizing the call for investigation are the same people who claim that there's nothing to fear from an investigation?

Opinions are important, but thinking your opinions through is even more important. Because if this happened to be a mob of gun owners I know of two people who posted above who would be singing a different tune while advocating the same agenda.

From the link...

"FDNY's Engine Co. 158 aided two police officers, who came to the scene in response to a threatened high school girl."

And the NYPD response to FDNY's assistance...

"Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly sent the firehouse a platter of cold cuts, cookies, soda and salads from a Staten Island deli as thanks."

And on a side note, both the PD and the FD usually get shit on by John Q. Public, and James Q. Politician, so it shouldn't be a surprise when one has another's back.

I like Deli. But they usually send me donuts.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well the lawyer is just doing his job. He would be a horrible lawyer if he didn't investigate all aspects of the incident. </div></div>

Nah, he (she? it?) will still suck swamp water.

D. Andrew Marshall said:
"That needs to be investigated post-haste," he added, "starting with who authorized the use of a water cannon on unarmed citizens, kids."

There are two responses to his question:
1) The same authority whom authorized the mob of 'people(?)/kids' to go after the two officers, and,
2) Choosing the lesser of two evils, that being the better choice between Water Cannon and Side-Arm, which is actually ISSUED for the personal defense of the officers.

Sprayed for being idiots, or shot for being idiots,,,, you choose.

Apparently, and seemingly from the lawyer, both the officers AND the firemen made the wrong choices. The firemen should have stood idly by, while the police opened fire to protect themselves from further pain and suffering. Then they could have employed said water-cannon to flush the detritus into the sewers. Case closed.

It's for the children, remember? Isn't that the 'tag-line' phrase of the day?

Forgot to add that I would then have stood for Steak and Lobster dinners for all police and firemen involved. Even if I had to max out my credit card, it would have been worth it. Throw a lawyer into the mix, and I'd spring for dessert, too.

Merry Christmas!

Just your typical NYC bullshit. Unfortunately this is nothing new.

FDNY did the right thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now the defense attorney for part of the "mob" want the firemen investigated.</div></div>So what?

Does it strike anyone as odd that the people who are criticizing the call for investigation are the same people who claim that there's nothing to fear from an investigation?

Opinions are important, but thinking your opinions through is even more important. Because if this happened to be a mob of gun owners I know of two people who posted above who would be singing a different tune while advocating the same agenda.</div></div>

While my specialty is gynecology, I will freely offer to serve as judge in this case and summarily dismiss all further investigation as well as expenditure of the taxpayer's hard earned money, cite the attorney with contempt and conclude with saying, "Precisely where is the problem here?"

Excellent work FDNY!

How on earth did i guess minorities before I clicked on this thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the link...

"FDNY's Engine Co. 158 aided two police officers, who came to the scene in response to a threatened high school girl."

And the NYPD response to FDNY's assistance...

"Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly sent the firehouse a platter of cold cuts, cookies, soda and salads from a Staten Island deli as thanks."

And on a side note, both the PD and the FD usually get shit on by John Q. Public, and James Q. Politician, so it shouldn't be a surprise when one has another's back. </div></div>

You're right. Most officers have a good working relationship with the firefighters. Most of the time they are making the same calls together. PD has FD's back and vice versa. Seems to me less lethal force was used in this incident and it worked.

Makes me think NYPD should have a water cannon. On a side note, the FDNY should fall under the good samaritan law. If you see someone in need of assistance, and without that assistance, health, safety and life would be in danger, then the person providing that assistance cannot be held liable for any wrong doing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes me think NYPD should have a water cannon. On a side note, the FDNY should fall under the good samaritan law. If you see someone in need of assistance, and without that assistance, health, safety and life would be in danger, then the person providing that assistance cannot be held liable for any wrong doing. </div></div>

That may very well end up being the case. I don't get why everybody is jumping on the lawyer's back though, the D.A.'s office is going to be doing the same thing, i.e. going through the same discovery processes. The lawyer in this case is simply investigating he's probably telling his clients that their SOL but their paying him for options and info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes me think NYPD should have a water cannon.</div></div>They do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a side note, the FDNY should fall under the good samaritan law. If you see someone in need of assistance, and without that assistance, health, safety and life would be in danger, then the person providing that assistance cannot be held liable for any wrong doing.</div></div>The law protects people, not organizations. But New York's good samaritan law does provide for immunity for those who assist in an emergency.

off the cuff ...suggested response from Engine company officer on scene.

Sir, my crew was witness to an incident of escalating violence where I judged lethal force was about to be used. I felt it was my obligation as a public servant and sworn protector of the public to employ my unit's water cannon to disperse the crown and diffuse the situation. As you can see, the technique did disperse the crowd, no serious injuries resulted from my unit's action and the escalation to lethal force was avoided.

Sir, if that is adequate explanation... I would like to request permission to submit my entire crew for a rescue citation. I'd also like to recommend we send a letter to the police commissioner commending the officers present for their restraint while being beaten and kicked. I don't know how they do it.

BTW - The 500-1000 or so gallon per minute deluge is a pretty benign crowd control device. Volunteer fire organizations in the tri-state area sometimes use them on each other for fun... it's called a "wetdown"... we generally avoid close in, straight stream use because you get bruised, but it's certainly not lethal or even likely to produce significant injury.

It's less lethal. They should be happy it wasn't a "concerned citizen" in a CCW state.

Maybe next time they shouldn't beat on cops.

Like I said above, if this was not allowed, then maybe they'd prefer the police opened fire (almost) randomly, as they are able?

Preferred manner of operations?

Wow. I guess they have to look into it. Granted I would rather see the hose being used then having the cops shooting their way out. Hold on cops shooting people who are hitting them. Shit the cops should have shot their way out.

You have to respect firefighters. They are a different breed. Anyone who will go into a burning building to save people is ok in my books.

PD and FD are and should be there for each other. We talk trash amoung ourselves but outsiders beware, mess wth one you mess with all. I believe this holds true for all uniformed services.

Good response on both PD and FD.

The lawyers, as was mentioned above, will do everything they can for their clients, however they tend to go out of their wat to make public servents look bad to the public.
I'd love to see some of them try doing what we do every day.

Best use of a deck gun that I've ever seen. FD should get commendations.

If we did that shit in Alabama, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be landed before we refilled the tank...