• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Guidance on 35mm Spuhr mount for Tikka

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Sent a PM to Hakan, but have not heard back. Hoping that one of you guys who is familiar with the Spuhr series can help me out with this.

Looking to put a 35MM Spuhr mount on a Tikka T3. It will hold a US Optics non-T-Pal (Front parallax adjustment) scope. I do not need any down elevation for the caliber. It's for short range.

My question is whether there is a 35mm Spuhr mount that will go directly on the Tikka T3 action dovetails, or will I need to install a Picatinny Rail on the top of the T3? Either is fine with me, but given a choice, I would rather go directly onto the action dovetails, for obvious reasons!

Thanks for any guidance. If you happen to know the Spuhr model number... so much the better!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Hi Folks:

Hakan responded and I wanted to share his input:

"Sounds like a great build !

Direct mounts are only availible in 30 and 34 mm.

So with the 35mm scope you would need a picatinny. I belive you should have the 1,18" height and its availible with both 0 and 20 moa tilt.
Modelname for 0 moa is SP 5001 and for 6mil/20 moa is SP 5601"

Thanks Hakan... and that answers that perfectly!

FYI, my Photobucket bandwidth is exceeded... so until I go 'paid' my pictures are hidden. I'll probably bite the bullet and do it this weekend.

Cheers and thanks everyone for the input!!!

Sirhr