• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Guidance, Scope Rings Savage 10 FLCP-K. 308

RCRTR814

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2013
I'm in process of building my first bolt action rifle. Mine will be left handed. So far this is my progress:

Savage 10 FLCP-K. 308 is in shipment.
Vortex PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR1 MRAD scope is in shipment
Weaver 20 MOA Rail in shipment
Harris 9-16 Bipod in shipment

I will be shooting Sierra Match King 175 grain on top of Lapua brass to start. I am fortunate that I have 3 ranges in my area. the range I will shoot most of my practice at is a beautiful 500 yard range. There are a number of 1000 yard ranges that are available for same day driveability as well.

My question; what height of ring did you use? Ring height is very important to me. Weaver offers low, medium and high rings. i am fairly large about 6'1' tall and about 250 lbs. I want to select the proper ring height that will give me the most scope viewability, comfort and accuracy. Any direction you can offer is geatly appreciated.

RCRTR

Lows, I used Burris lows on Egw 20moa base on my 10fp, Sightron 6-24x50 lrmoaffp. I wish they were a hair lower and I am running a straight bull barrel.

I have that Savage model and it's one of my most accurate personal rifles. After a couple different high end rails and rings I settled on IOR. The rail is one of the lowest profile manufactured and the rings are matched, using low. What you will need to do is make (or purchase) a kydex cheek piece if you're sticking with the AccuStock.