• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gulf Storm Ida

Heard reports that New Orleans has gone dark. Good luck down there, I spent time down there after Katrina.

Reactions: sniper307
Was upright this AM in Houma.
fell a couple hours after this.
just got a swingset.
no house or garage.

C7E6E1D4-06BE-49E8-A897-B90BAE9314C4.jpeg

Reactions: NoDopes
Power has been out in Slidell for about an Hour but over all they are, good. Brother in Law just lost his Fence in Baton Rouge. (edit) Power in Baton Rouge is coming on and off. Covington has been with out power for a couple hrs.

Weather chanel reporter came out of his shelter and said Houma was in the eye wall for several hours.

Trees, electrical lines, roofs in roads. Trying to clear roads for emergency vehicles response according to police to get to those in need.

Curfew till daylight.

A couple of scetchy videos from Houma aired on weather channel no lenghty reports.

Reactions: powdahound76
Just talked to my buddy in Houma.
crazy Coonass called me.
went outside and the wind was still sounding like a jet was nearby.

He lost 2 big trees and his boat cover (little 1/2 shed over boat). Boat is fine
Generator running good and lots of fuel on hand.
saw ready and will start clearing roads at first light to help out.

was sad he didnt get to see the eye.
He crazy, but a good dude.

Water rescues in la Place people trapped in aticks.

Ax always goes inside house, important rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jscb1b
Just talked to my buddy in Houma.
crazy Coonass called me.
went outside and the wind was still sounding like a jet was nearby.

He lost 2 big trees and his boat cover (little 1/2 shed over boat). Boat is fine
Generator running good and lots of fuel on hand.
saw ready and will start clearing roads at first light to help out.

was sad he didnt get to see the eye.
He crazy, but a good dude.
Thanks for that report makes me feel better. I'm not calling anyone tonight.

Now they will have flooding and yard gators to deal with.

Dont open up a door without a gun especially if you got a nice porch.

My father in law would have to shoot them to get outside. He lived about 400 yards from the ICW.

Large lost pissed off gators.

For those here that live in the effected areas , what kind of damage do you have . Center of storm ,as of this post , is 50 miles south of me ,headed my way. Forecast to pass directly over us. Light rain ATM .

For those here that live in the effected areas , what kind of damage do you have . Center of storm ,as of this post , is 50 miles south of me ,headed my way. Forecast to pass directly over us. Light rain ATM .
In Zachary la a little to the west of the eye - no damage to my trees or house but lost power at 930 last night. Obviously it depends on what trees you have and type construction.

Reactions: memtb
One family member checkin by text from Houma area. They are ok, by cajun standards?

Cell service scetchy so text rules the day.

Reactions: Expert684
Many cellphone towers out / flatened, temporary replacements not up yet.

I have many uncontacted people I'm worried about but not panic time.

In Zachary la a little to the west of the eye - no damage to my trees or house but lost power at 930 last night. Obviously it depends on what trees you have and type construction.

Yep, Zachary was pretty much spared! Unlike the rain of 2016, when my great grandson got his first boatride, with his father walking in shoulder high water, dragging a bateau to high ground. with my granddaughter and great grandson in it. My daughter and her husband rode it out at their home.....but, has video of local law officers “boating” their kids to high ground!

I haven’t heard from my cousin yet, that lives near Walker. They flood pretty regularly.....I’m sure they have ofr will have 6 to 8 feet of water before this ends! memtb

Thanks for that report makes me feel better. I'm not calling anyone tonight.

Now they will have flooding and yard gators to deal with.

Dont open up a door without a gun especially if you got a nice porch.

My father in law would have to shoot them to get outside. He lived about 400 yards from the ICW.

Large lost pissed off gators.
:cry:
After Having Arm Bitten Off by Alligator, Louisiana Man Is Still Missing

• Sad
Reactions: Snuby642
ALL power is out in NO. Major transmission line towers for all 8 feeds are down. Entergy can’t estimate time to restore yet. WOW!
One of those down, is in the Mississippi River.............yep gonna be a while before that gets " fixed "

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
My father in law that lived in Houma, rest his sole was old school.

He was always stocked up, he always had a snubnose in his pocket but when storms came he had a few rules that he made sure I remembeted.

Storm comes in rifle comes out,
He said big gators were too hard to kill with a pistol and didn't want to be too close. (My son had to put two 9mm +p defense rounds at point blank into one)

When I first stayed at his house I asked him if he wanted me to take his ax out to the garage, NO that was the downstairs house ax and there was an upstairs ax as well and they were never to be touched.

The boat was to be tied to the first and second story.

The pictures from Houma look bad but that was the intent of the photographer. I recognised several locations, Petite Bayou Cayue fire station, Houma Inn, downtown hospital district all messed up by wind dammage.

Still no word from my friends on megan court off of couteu road.
It's near where I 24? Crosses the ICW.

My father in law that lived in Houma, rest his sole was old school.

He was always stocked up, he always had a snubnose in his pocket but when storms came he had a few rules that he made sure I remembeted.

Storm comes in rifle comes out,
He said big gators were too hard to kill with a pistol and didn't want to be too close. (My son had to put two 9mm +p defense rounds at point blank into one)

When I first stayed at his house I asked him if he wanted me to take his ax out to the garage, NO that was the downstairs house ax and there was an upstairs ax as well and they were never to be touched.

The boat was to be tied to the first and second story.

The pictures from Houma look bad but that was the intent of the photographer. I recognised several locations, Petite Bayou Cayue fire station, Houma Inn, downtown hospital district all messed up by wind dammage.

Still no word from my friends on megan court off of couteu road.
It's near where I 24? Crosses the ICW.
Hope you hear from them! That area took it hard.

My pal Cajun just texted.
Cell service is very spotty and lots of clean up going on in his neighborhood.
Born and raised there, says this is bad as he has seen, worse than Katrina for him by far.

Reactions: GreenGO Juan
Good to see the Locals in New Orleans have their priorities straight... gotta get that hair and make did.

Joggers gonna jog.......to be expected down there.......some will jog against the wrong person,and it will be all over the "news"

Reactions: kmckinnon
No word from my family in New Orleans. As always, wanted them to head north but they said they were just not able. Given more notice I would have gotten them. Some friends have damage some have little but unlike previous years, people are ok. (Now waiting for word from NO).

In North Central and North West Louisiana, the dry air and the eastward motion saved us. No damage, not even any real wind excepting one outerband thunderstorm Saturday. Lasted about 30 minutes and that was our hurricane. Same thing for us when Katrina hit.

This sure beats Rita and Laura. 200 miles from the coast and we get hurricane level winds with higher gusts. Tore us up pretty bad. All but suggesting to Brenda that we try locating a nice home in Northwest Arkansas. Near (or on) Beaver Creek Lake. Audrey, Camille, Typhoon Hester, living with the aftermath of Katrina, then Rita, then Michael and Sally (close to and then right at where our son lives) then Laura and now the aftermath of Ida.

GOD Bless Mr. Honda and his fine generators.

No word from my family in New Orleans. As always, wanted them to head north but they said they were just not able. Given more notice I would have gotten them. Some friends have damage some have little but unlike previous years, people are ok. (Now waiting for word from NO).

In North Central and North West Louisiana, the dry air and the eastward motion saved us. No damage, not even any real wind excepting one outerband thunderstorm Saturday. Lasted about 30 minutes and that was our hurricane. Same thing for us when Katrina hit.

This sure beats Rita and Laura. 200 miles from the coast and we get hurricane level winds with higher gusts. Tore us up pretty bad. All but suggesting to Brenda that we try locating a nice home in Northwest Arkansas. Near (or on) Beaver Creek Lake. Audrey, Camille, Typhoon Hester, living with the aftermath of Katrina, then Rita, then Michael and Sally (close to and then right at where our son lives) then Laura and now the aftermath of Ida.

Twin Spans, Causeway and I-10 from Texas to Mississippi is open, I-12 is open too. You might be able to check on them.

I saw Slow Joe, AKA Mr Potato Head will be in Louisiana tomorrow. I can see it now, he'll step or fall off Air Force One and tell everybody that he will dedicate all the resources he can to the storm recovery for the great state of Texas!
Fucktard! This shit ain't funny anymore!

Well that sucked. Hammond is a mess. Covington/Mandeville is getting some power back.

I dont understand how my house has no damage and how my neighborhood has very very minimal damage.

Im in the bedico area if anyone needs anything. Just waiting for power so I can leave the dogs and the food and then we'll be 100% cleanup/work.

Reactions: ccasanova

Had this shifted West Lake Charles would have been done for sure. It is still in devastation from Laura, not to mention Delta punted us in the nuts. I still haven't found all my siding from those two and I'm up north by Leesville.

Yeah, Laura sucked last year. We also had a "hurricane warning" in Shreveport. First time ever for that. We're used to getting the remnants of the storms, but Laura was a bitch.

I saw Slow Joe, AKA Mr Potato Head will be in Louisiana tomorrow. I can see it now, he'll step or fall off Air Force One and tell everybody that he will dedicate all the resources he can to the storm recovery for the great state of Texas!
Fucktard! This shit ain't funny anymore!

What a retard. A frikkin week later, he decides to show up for a photo op.

Yeah, Laura sucked last year. We also had a "hurricane warning" in Shreveport. First time ever for that. We're used to getting the remnants of the storms, but Laura was a bitch.

What a retard. A frikkin week later, he decides to show up for a photo op.
Fort Polk Airfield Tower apparently recorded 135mph peak wind gusts in the Leesville area for Laura. That was a wild storm.

• Wow
Just got to talk to a buddy who's house is in Houma. They rode it out there . Said they were picking up pieces for a couple days with no power / AC......said fuck it ,we going camp ( here ) , welp we had a hell uva TS here two days ago, worst than Ida.They got here and electricity was out at their camp. His MIL camp @ Grand Isle is gone ,along with a bunch of others. Damnit.......I love fishing out of there.

My concern about blown down corn here didn't materialize,thank the Lord. Ida turned east before getting to me and went up I 55. Got very little rain ,hardly no wind. Missed one day of combining, been " chop,chop eat,eat all week.

Just got to talk to a buddy who's house is in Houma. They rode it out there . Said they were picking up pieces for a couple days with no power / AC......said fuck it ,we going camp ( here ) , welp we had a hell uva TS here two days ago, worst than Ida.They got here and electricity was out at their camp. His MIL camp @ Grand Isle is gone ,along with a bunch of others. Damnit.......I love fishing out of there.

My concern about blown down corn here didn't materialize,thank the Lord. Ida turned east before getting to me and went up I 55. Got very little rain ,hardly no wind. Missed one day of combining, been " chop,chop eat,eat all week.

My inlaws own about 1500 acres in Richland Parish. I was worried about the corn too. Luckily for the farmers here, the storm turned east. The farmers are harvesting furiously to get the corn out.