• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun Inventory for I-Phone

toadbrown

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Fenton, Mo
I just got an app for my I-Phone called Gun Safe, pretty cool you should take a look at it if you have an I-Phone.

Re: Gun Inventory for I-Phone

I've seen this in the top 25 but wasn't sure how useful/fun/interesting it would be. What all can you do in it?

Looking at the reviews there looks like there were some issues with it...Have these been fixed? I dont like paying for apps but this one looks useful.

If you lose your iPhone or other app. device the person finding it would know what you have. I'm not sure this is such a great thing to have unless there is some excellent security feature built in. It does sound highly useful however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you lose your iPhone or other app. device the person finding it would know what you have. I'm not sure this is such a great thing to have unless there is some excellent security feature built in. It does sound highly useful however. </div></div>

I'm not sure that would be an issue. What's the difference between some people on the internet knowing what guns I have and someone seeing a list in my phone? Hell for all they know it could just be a list of random weapons or they may not know anything about guns and not care. Whatever the case may be, if I find someone's phone and they have a bunch of guns listed in that app then I, myself, would probably return it ASAP haha.

Plus, there's much more important info in my phone that I don't want people digging through.

The app has to have a security code put in EVERY time you open the app no matter where you open it from. With that being said, unless somebody is savvy enough to access the information some other way I believe your information is pretty secure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plus, there's much more important info in my phone that I don't want people digging through.</div></div>
This is exactly the concern, and the reason why corporate-issued cell phones have remote wipe capability (maybe they all do now, don't know).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you lose your iPhone or other app. device the person finding it would know what you have. I'm not sure this is such a great thing to have unless there is some excellent security feature built in. It does sound highly useful however. </div></div>

I'm not sure that would be an issue. What's the difference between some people on the internet knowing what guns I have and someone seeing a list in my phone? Hell for all they know it could just be a list of random weapons or they may not know anything about guns and not care. Whatever the case may be, if I find someone's phone and they have a bunch of guns listed in that app then I, myself, would probably return it ASAP haha.

Plus, there's much more important info in my phone that I don't want people digging through. </div></div>

Yeah like all the nudey pics of my girlfriend....I mean wife, LOL

Iphone and many other smart phones out there have security features that allow you to encrypt your phone. If someone else tries to access your phone and after so many failed attempts it will restore back to its default settings. Then all you would have to do is sync the phone back up with your computer to restore whatever contacts, apps, and settings you have. If any of you have smart phones that have open access you are basically committing identity suicide. Hackers have apps that scan your phone and any other open device for all your financial and personal information. Everyone's complacent attitude has enabled the hacking community to new levels.