• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Gun Non-Expert goes to Pakistan gun market

300snipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2009
Northern Nevada, NV
Here's a video that was just posted on Reddit for discussion. Basically this guy from Vice magazine goes to a gun market in Pakistan and blah blah blah. Apparently we're all supposed to be really surprised and shocked that this market exists. It's also a great example of the reason why insurgent weapons are garbage and inherently inaccurate. I like the guy seating bullets into cases with a hammer! ahaha!
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGVianQJsmQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGVianQJsmQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Gun Non-Expert goes to Pakistan gun market

Seriously?

Yea the guy is firearms retarded... But why add views to his video?

Maybe this shit just strikes me the wrong way from my past experiences. Ever think about how many of these weapons are pointed at our troops?

Im biased, but hate this vid. People know they exist but they dont need the publicity.

In July 1992 I visited the tribal areas of Pakistan to the southwest of Khyber pass. There with my own security detail I entered the town of Darra. It was not easy to get in and could only be done with the influence of a friend in Peshawar. At that time the warlords were busy destroying the entire country in the territorial grab after the Soviets had departed. The fighting was heavy and blunt. Millions of Afghans had fled the country to Pakistan to seek refuge. Darra was an interesting town and it was full of gun stores. Hundreds of small shops about 20 by 30 feet and each was jammed packed with guns, rpgs, swords, and even land-mines. Walking behind the shops I saw craftsmen hand making all types of guns. I was told any gun could be brought to them, it would be disassembled, parts copied and gun built. It looked questionable to me that the steel was of any decent quality as it was melted and poured into sand cast next to small smelter ovens. Mostly kids were doing the work. I remember thinking that the hand made guns were hardly trustworthy due to inferior metal work. Still when I picked up the completed items it was not easy to tell they were fully counterfeited. There were also real Soviet weapons there like the 12.7 rigs and RPGs. A kid asked me if I wanted to test fire the RPG and said it would be 7 bucks. I declined but many test firings of rifles went on during the couple of hours I was there. The Khyber pass is breathtaking and it was easy to see how a few hand full of men on the high ridge could stop an entire column of men coming through the narrow pass. It was an interesting trip but at that time our guys weren't there fighting so I was able to look at things like an intrepid tourist of sorts. Today I would say those weapon centers should be taken out totally, although I do not believe for all the weapons the video above claim are made, that they are the true substantive source of quality weapons. The Soviets left billions of dollars of goodies there and it is now being supplimented by the Iranians and Pakistan intelligence services. They have the most rugged mountains in Afghanistan I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few. God bless our brave men and women there.

...so, not every gun in the world is manufactured, bought, and sold above the table? Holy shit, Batman! I have to rethink my whole philosophy about gun control now! (/sarcasm)

Interesting video, thanks for posting that.

I love that place!!

Or, I would love that place if there were not a bunch of crazy muzzies there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that place!!

Or, I would love that place if there were not a bunch of crazy muzzies there. </div></div>

Sic your seagulls on 'em if they give you any trouble.

tippihedreninthebirds00.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banshee sws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so pakistanis like their guns too ?

lol </div></div>

Yeah. Who'd a thunk it?

http://www.pakguns.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully, everybody in the world will get old enough, and quickly, to have seen that silly video. I think that this is like the tenth time that someone has started a "gee whiz!" thread about it on a gun board that I frequent.

Updated version: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/05/21/the-gun-markets-of-pakistan/ </div></div>

I don't care about the fact that the gun market exists - the point of me posting this was to call out the guy that went there. He acted as if this place was some surprise and super evil. Big deal about the market itself - wow, people are replicating AK designs. Nothing new there.

What I don't care for is that a guy from Vice magazine, which is primarily sold to ignorant liberal hipster 20 somethings, who clearly doesn't know shit about guns makes this out to be some remarkable new thing and that guns are "evil" because these guys are making them "illegally". I doubt that Pakistan / Afganistan has any issue with these markets existing. People outside of San Francisco / LA / NYC, etc seem to think that guns are the devil and this is just another example of muckraking BS journalism.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banshee sws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so pakistanis like their guns too ?

lol </div></div>

Yeah. Who'd a thunk it?

http://www.pakguns.com/ </div></div>

Thank you for that link. Things like this get me to step back and say 'Hmmm.' I'll be browsing this site for a good few hours I'm sure.