• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun Prices Are Crazy-Taurus 669 SS sold for $616 on GB

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I have seen some crazy prices for firearms lately but today was just super crazy. Gun Broker had a used Taurus 669 SS with 6" barrel. Looked nice, but would not be mistaken for a new revolver.

Final price, $616 plus shipping charges.

WHAT!!!!

I'm sorry, that's just crazy.

It only takes one desperate m gang banger to raise the gunbroker price to a crazy level.
    There are a lot of first bidders / buyers that will pay way over market price for “a gun”.
    Unfortunately or not.

My local in state webpages with gun classifieds have never had crazy pricing on anything but ammo and AR's early on. AR's are back to normal and ammo folks are selling has come way down but still high. Unless you want Varget or H4350 most prices are pre craziness.

It only takes one person, and a shill account to bid these auctions up super high. Gun brokers selling fees are low enough dudes don't care if they sell it to themselves a few times.

It only takes one desperate m gang banger to raise the gunbroker price to a crazy level.
    There are a lot of first bidders / buyers that will pay way over market price for “a gun”.
    Unfortunately or not.

This wouldn't be a G Banger type firearm. The 669 is a direct copy of the S&W. Made with S&W tooling and plans. A much nicer revolver than their models of today, like the 7 shot 66. I thought I'd pay crazy money and bid $500 and that was blown out of the water with days left on the auction.

Pre Election, this revolver would have sold for about $350.

It only takes one person, and a shill account to bid these auctions up super high. Gun brokers selling fees are low enough dudes don't care if they sell it to themselves a few times.

Actually I really believe this was the dealer trying to inflate the price. I don't know, but whoever won this auction bid very high and early on. It didn't pass the smell test.