• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Gun Rooms/Safes

HenryTheAce

Pushing Tin
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Michigan
Looking to see some of my fellow hide members gun safes and/or gun rooms. I think I’m getting to the point of needing a gun room... filled up 3 safes (my firearms done like touching each other) Debating on getting a fourth or just moving houses for my firearms. Show me your set ups!

Attachments

• E535E2C2-D9CC-4CD3-B8BD-8E8D288D9D47.jpeg
    E535E2C2-D9CC-4CD3-B8BD-8E8D288D9D47.jpeg
    657.9 KB · Views: 423
  • C40F0BAB-5D96-4545-B6A3-058DDDF37963.jpeg
    C40F0BAB-5D96-4545-B6A3-058DDDF37963.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: Ranger007
Build a gun room. Put a big Island in the center for gunsmithing, cleaning, etc.
My thought exactly. Right now I have an area upstairs that is basically an unfinished 3rd floor. Doors on rooms, etc. was thinking about making one into a gun room and putting in a steel cage door on the opposite side of the solid wood outermost door. Couple of different keyed dead bolts on the outer door.

My thought exactly. Right now I have an are upstairs that is basically an unfinished 3rd floor. Doors on rooms, etc. was thinking about making one into a gun room and putting in a steel cage door on the opposite side of the solid wood outermost door. Couple of different keyed dead bolts on the outer door.
Do it. You'll never regret it. If you are putting in a secure door/cage, then do gun racks around the walls. Keeps them separated, and easy access for maintenance and admiring. Use quality hard woods to boost the ambiance.

Reactions: WDN-K-9
@168BTHPM damn that is sexy!! Lotta wood there. Make ya nervous at all stacking em so tight? I get weird about my gun touching each other!

that was kinda my plan. Wanting to do a room large enough for display on walls (thinking of gallow tech) then have a bench for reloading/cleaning, and a couple shelves for ammo/reloading supplies.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
I had a furniture maker do my racks. I’ll have to dig up a picture. The gallow tech look very useful, but too industrial for my taste. Your gun room should smell of fine woods, rich cigar smoke, and have a leather chair.

I had a furniture maker do my racks. I’ll have to dig up a picture. The gallow tech look very useful, but too industrial for my taste. Your gun room should smell of fine woods, rich cigar smoke, and have a leather chair.
I'm not so sure I can agree on the smoke. Once bought an M1 carbine that either belonged to a smoker or the shop that sold it to me allowed smoking or both. The smell just soaked into the wood and the leather sling and took a while to get out again.

The smells of gun reference books, a slight hint of cleaning oil, and decanted alcohol, however, are good. And if you can finagle the smell of burning gas lamps in there somehow, all the better (I'm an archaic soul).

Reactions: HenryTheAce
I just moved houses and added a vault gun/reloading/gun parts and hunting clothes ect room.
I'm glad I did. Because I can condense everything gun related into one 10'x22' room and protect it behind 10" of concrete and a 1600lb door. Just in case the house goes down at least I got my guns lol.

Plus it doubles as a tornado shelter and panic room. That's how I sold the wife on the idea. She first said hell no. Then I gave her a bullet point presentation of all the possibilities and that you'll get your money back in resale.

Last edited:
What size chest is that and where did you get the items to stack/pack them in the drawers??
They came from a company called STORLOC. They custom make the cabinets when ordered. I made the separators out of wood with felt glued on. Works well. Have different ones cut out for the different drawers. Shotguns take a bit more space.

Reactions: JimTN