• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gun Safe Defeats?

davsco

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2014
NoVa
Reading the Insurance thread...

Anyone have their gun safe defeated? How? Any words of wisdom?

Fucking circular saw. One of the cordless ones, with a buncha batteries. Abrasive blades. The thieves didn't get it done before the cops showed up though, so the guns were intact.

Its why I have a camera pointed at a locked reinforced room these days.

The metal cutting blades cut faster and cleaner than the abrasive blades. I use them on one of my miter saws and some of my angle grinders. My son and I do a lot of metal work and we could get into any residential style gun safe in about 10 minutes.

Any home safe is easily defeated provided you have the time and knowledge.

agreed - that's where having an internet connected camera REALLY comes in. You know they are fucking with it before they even hit go on the saw.

Fucking circular saw. One of the cordless ones, with a buncha batteries. Abrasive blades. The thieves didn't get it done before the cops showed up though, so the guns were intact.

Two pounds of black powder...........:rolleyes:

This may be the best thing Liberty Safe sells for $5 ! In fact one should probably receive an insurance discount for displaying the decal.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 7.21.54 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: GJ0 and missed
It's all about multiple layers. Yeah vast majority of "residential storage safes" can be popped within minutes. My safe is located within an interior room, you have to get through 2 locked doors, second door is 1/4" plate with mag strikes also. Security system along with cameras. Yeah maybe overkill, but it's pretty effective.