• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gun Safe?

I have never seen something so corrosive as smoke from a house fire!!!!!! Hope this information helps and I hope you guys never have to go through it!!

thanks for sharing your experience, sorry it happened. if you bought a new safe after this, which kind did you go with?

After you see and put your hands on a safe in the "TL" class of safes you realize its a totally different animal than any champion, browning, liberty or Cannon. I know a guy with a TL30 and its a beast to say the least. I think the steel is something around 1" for the box and thicker in the door. My cannon you can sink self-tapping screws in.....for comparison. You won't be able to just cut a U in the safe's side and peel in like a tuna can like you can with any box store safe. You are warding off all standard tool attacks and likely only going to be defeated by a pro. It might be annoying to move that massive heavy beast, but your investments are FAR more secure from theft.

I found an old Railroad safe on Craigslist for $750, heavy as all get out and gives me piece of mind that the typical smash and grab robber will not defeat it and kids won't get in it.. Then for my replacement peace of mind I have USAA. I know it is cliche, but if it feels good, buy it...

I have a Fat Boy 64, it isn't big enough. :( I will say @ 895 lbs. it isn't easy to move around. I do sometimes wonder how much it weighs with all my shit in it.

I'm limited on space. The irony here is, I'm in a 5700 sq ft house and I don't have room for a safe. Figure that shit out (looks at wife)

Problem is that all of the rooms that could hold a heavy safe are downstairs, and those rooms are purpose rooms already all done (theater room, guest rooms, bathrooms, gym) so there's no actual room where it could go other than in my office/reloading room which has a closet I'm not really using. The only issue is the safe needs to be less than 27" depth or it wouldn't fit with the door shut.

As I see it, other than digging and building a fucking underground bunker in my yard, I have 3 options:

- This Sturdy safe with the 'Magnum Steel' upgrade/level: https://www.sturdysafe.com/collections/gun-safes/products/3224-6 that will be bolted down in my closet

- A giant safe in the garage bolted to the floor, but will sustain 170+ degrees in the garage and I am definitely not too eager to try that

- Build a safe room in the garage and tie HVAC into it; probably the best idea, but it'll be probably 5x the cost of just getting a damn safe.