• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gun show at elementary school bad?

Re: Gun show at elementary school bad?

What's the issue? Are they having it while school is in session or something?

I could see how people would get their panties twisted if this was the first year they were doing it, but they've been doing it for 20 years according to the article.

From what I gather, some are afraid a dealer will leave a crate of fully loaded M16's in a corner and all the kids will shoot each other.

In this day and age where the Government is slashing spending on education I see no problem with a school renting out unused space on the weekends for a gunshow or any other kind of event that can generate cash . We can't count on the lottery to pick up all the slack now can we ?

Renting a school auditorium, gym, or event space for an activity that in no way violates any laws is not an issue for me. I can see where events should be approved by the school board as to keep a less than desirable event from using the facilities. I don't consider a gun show as a less than desirable event. The issue here would be what other events are the facility rented to and would denying the gun show be discriminatory.

I hope the board allows this and shows that they are not willing to cave to the media pressure.