• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns gun show find of the year(for me anyway)

motodog

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
gillette wy
as i was walking around the gillette gun club yearly gun show looking at the crazy prices on 22lr ammo and laughing at the guys selling er trying to sell i noticed a knife that was at table and the tag said chris reeve knife well i worked my way up to it and looked at it and the box it was in with all original paper work and original sales receipt.well the lady asked me if i knew anything about the knife and answered to her do you and would take any trades she said yes so i pulled 1500 rounds of 22lr out of my pack and offered them to her and she took it.so the moral of the story is i am now the proud owner of a new unused CHRIS REEVE PACIFIC.i only had about 60 into the ammo and got a 350.00 knife in trade WIN FOR ME. i love this thing its a work of art for a mil style knife.

Nice score. Pictures??

It's pretty crazy when such a trade is possible, but I'm glad it worked for you. It goes to show how much they expect to make on the .22 ammo.

Last edited:
Never heard of it, but in for the pics! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Reeve makes an incredible knife.... Let's see some pics! It's like telling us your girlfriend's got a nice rack, but not backing it up. You got a SMOKING deal on that knife.

There is no question that Chris Reeve makes some absolutely incredible knives, I own several of his earlier model knives and one more recent one, the Yarborough( yes, the real serial numbered one) . The thing that is really neat is that Chris Reeve joined with another famous knife maker, Bill Harsey, to build not only the Yarborough but the Pacific among others. I have had the honor of meeting Chris Reeve and Bill Harsey and talk with Bill on a frequent basis. I own several Randalls and other known makers knives but the one knife I carried in combat and hangs on my kit today is my Harsey/Reeves Yarborough. For those of you who are not familiar with the name Harsey here is a bit of info for you. The full write up can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Harsey,_Jr.

Harsey is a custom knife maker, designing and crafting one-of-a-kind folding and fixed blade knives, often to order. In Battle Blades, author Greg Walker identifies Harsey as producing superb edges and blade finishes on his knives, as well as making knives specifically for Al Mar and Colonel Rex Applegate.[2] Even so, he is best known for his collaboration projects, in which he serves as knife designer for various knife companies.
Harsey collaborated with Colonel Rex Applegate to design Gerber's Applegate-Fairbairn line.[3] He worked with Chief James Watson to design Gerber's Watson/Harvey Silver Trident and also worked with Chris Reeve and Matt Larsen to design the LHR Combat Knife. Harsey designed the Neil Roberts Warrior Knife, which is dedicated to the memory of Petty Officer First Class Neil Roberts, who was killed in action Afghanistan in 2002[4] and the Pacific / First Group Knife, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the U.S. Army Special Forces in Asia.[5]

well i would love to post some pics of my gfs big rack but man would my wife get pissed.any way what i mean is i am way to stupid to figure out how to post pics here guys hell im lucky to figure out how to put up a post here but i can assure youits real as i have not put it down since i got it.papa im glad you point out it is a harsey/reeves knife. but who ever made it its a work of art.since i only got 60 into it should i use the thing and not be afraid of hurting it or should it be a safe queen and ill just keep using lesser knifes.what will the value be in 15 years or so. the original purchase was made in dec 08 for the sum of 309.00.going price i see now is 349.00 new.

Last edited:
I say use it and enjoy it as it was designed to be used, just like a good rifle should be shot. All of the Harsey/Reeves knives were designed and built with the intent that they would be used by their owners.

Great trade, I am big fan of C. Reeve knives, caught on to his expertise when he was In South Africa.
Same story here at last gunshow In Indy. Traded a bulk pack of .22's, 2 boxes of Corbon .40's,
and $100 cash for a Microtech Halo, and then 4 boxes of .243 for a Swamp Rat fixed blade.

ok papa im gonna do use the sob as it was intended.hell i only got 60 into it what the hell ive spent more on a knife and lost it in the woods.thanks for your replys.

as i was walking around the gillette gun club yearly gun show looking at the crazy prices on 22lr ammo and laughing at the guys selling er trying to sell i noticed a knife that was at table and the tag said chris reeve knife well i worked my way up to it and looked at it and the box it was in with all original paper work and original sales receipt.well the lady asked me if i knew anything about the knife and answered to her do you and would take any trades she said yes so i pulled 1500 rounds of 22lr out of my pack and offered them to her and she took it.so the moral of the story is i am now the proud owner of a new unused CHRIS REEVE PACIFIC.i only had about 60 into the ammo and got a 350.00 knife in trade WIN FOR ME. i love this thing its a work of art for a mil style knife.
Wow, I'm impressed. That lady did not know what she had.