• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gun smithing school in Missouri

Jrb572

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I googled and came up with trade schools. But none seemed to have any gun smithing classes here in Missouri. Looking for St. Louis area. Does anyone know of any in St. Louis Missouri area? Thank you in advance.

Re: Gun smithing school in Missouri

There are no gunsmithing schools in Missouri.

Here is a link to a map with the locations of the schools currently operating in the U.S.:

Gunsmith schools

Here is the written list:

Schools list

Be aware that two schools; Pennsylvania and Colorado School of Trades, are 'for profit' businesses while the other schools are affiliated with community colleges.

would just a normal machining class help get started working on rifles? Thanks

A lot of gun work is machining, threading barrels, bolt handles, drilling and tapping holes, etc. while a lot of it is working with stocks (wood or other materials) inletting, shaping, cutting lengths etc.. What type of smithing are you interested in doing? You will have to do both eventually when building a rifle. You might be able to find an older smith who would mentor you. But a good machining class would be a good start.

Thank you. I appreciate the info. I know a machinist that is about to retire. I will ask him for help.