• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gun Store Report!

Re: Gun Store Report!

Just bought a rifle yesterday...background check took 3 minutes flat! All the gunshops are sold out of AR's as can be expected, and even the lowly 10-22's are gone? INSANE.

The local classifieds are full of Bushy's and Oly's priced at $2K...and they are selling at those prices. I just figured everyone and their brother in NW Kansas owned at least one AR, but the panic buying around here is from people that never owned a gun in their life!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Background check wait times here in CO are up to 6+ days. Been in limbo since 12-21 at 10:15am. </div></div>

Having hit all the local shops in the last week or so, I'm surprised people are still finding anything to buy. </div></div>

True. But I found a sweet 11-87 at wally-world at a price I could not pass up.

I picked up a handgun that I have wanted for many years yesterday in Denver. A Curio&Relic, but still they wanted the paperwork.
One way for me is 140 miles to Denver. I went once to fill out the papers and waited for 7 days before it went through.
Went the 140 miles again yesterday and got my bullet launcher.
I am happy.
I also went with a friend who wanted a rifle to Sidney, Neb. to the Big FunStore where the same background check took 28 minutes and he was on his way. This was mid week. His info, not mine, but the same check.
They sure aren't making it easy for Colorado dealers to be competitive.
Slipped Dick back in NY can tell us out here how it is and I wish he would put down his donuts long enough to tell me why I had to wait a week and my friend was out in 28 minutes?? State lines maybe?
Colorado background checks suck as much as Slappy does.
Just my opinion, but what would I know other than I am here and he is there and seems to have all the answers.
Regards, FM

I've been to Buds Gun Shop in Lexington on the Monday after the attack. They had boxes and boxes of ARs for standard prices. They open at 9. I arrived at about 8.40. By the time they opened there were about 50 people in line. In the 10 or so minutes I spent there, I saw 10 ARs get sold.

I kind of wish that I had bought one of them while I could.

I have an AR, but a second wouldn't hurt.

And now they're out. As expected.

I went to another local gun shop 2 days ago to get a transfer of a beautiful FNX-45 Tactical. It was packed. No ARs. The call took about 10 minutes to connect, and the usual 3 minutes for approval.

For the CO hide members. Instacheck is providing time estimates via twitter. cbi_colorado is their handle.

well just got back from gt distributors in austin EVERYTHING BARE NO AR'S MAGS OF ANYTHING OR AMMO

WENT TO MCBRIDES GUNS EARLY SAW THERE WERE FOLKS IN LINE AT 7AM FOR THE 9AM OPENING WAITING ON THE UPS TRUCK JUST TO SEE WHAT IF Any ar15s its crazy no mags or ammo at all