• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunn317 acct hacked

1634690032921.png

Reactions: camocorvette
oh wow, i told him i'd send him a check for the ammo i just agreed to buy and he said no, only venmo

I am trying to do everything I can to stop people from getting scammed. I have zero clue how they got my information

Reactions: Bender
"had" a WTS here (308 eldx and prc eldm) that apparently the mods removed like it was never even here. another member offered to buy the creed and me the prc.
Dude I am sorry. I am trying my best to make sure no one gets scammed. But I don’t know what else to do to stop it

Dude I am sorry. I am trying my best to make sure no one gets scammed. But I don’t know what else to do to stop it
you have nothing to be sorry for. glad you're on the ball and reported this, before venmo's or checks went out!

The IP is in the Netherlands and belongs to online.net, they rent dedicated and VPS servers, many use them for VPN servers.

Reactions: CFDfireman
No clue what that means but anyway to stop him?
The IP is in the Netherlands and belongs to online.net, they rent dedicated and VPS servers, many use them for VPN servers.

Other than getting a mod's attention here no. Once they do get it sorted out be sure to enable two-factor authentication to prevent it.
If your phone is your primary means of accessing internet and email I suggest you reboot it to end task on any apps or hijacked browser sessions that may be leaking your info.

Other than getting a mod's attention here no. Once they do get it sorted out be sure to enable two-factor authentication to prevent it.
If your phone is your primary means of accessing internet and email I suggest you reboot it to end task on any apps or hijacked browser sessions that may be leaking your info.
Ok i just shut everything down and rebooted and downloaded two factor app.
Never even knew this shit existed

Is just a setting under your account here, shouldn't need an app:

how to identify any bad apps or hijacked browser sessions?? thanks!

Not easily on a phone sadly, but these guys count on persistence because no one ever fully exits apps or reboots.

As long as you have the same email in use, I cannot correct it, it's banned, and has been used to scam people

too late though, someone was already scammed due to this ...

These are password compromises they are not being hacked on this end.

really both sides should be removed, like all parties, hacked and hacker

total bummer for you, monroea. how does a buyer protect against scams like these? the "seller" has been here for a while, plenty of posts, other successful purchases and sales, no red flags to a buyer. fortunately i'm old school and the scammer didn't want a check.

Yeah that’s a great question. There’s some things I could have done differently like asked for a picture of the scope with my name on a piece of paper and there were some red flags I ignored because of the solid reviews and length of time on here.

The answer is super easy, these scams are beyond easy to recognize

You all think you are getting a great deal, when the reality is, there are NO GREAT DEALS out there in this climate

The asking for money via electronic transfer with no product is another red flag,

These scams are SUPER EASY TO SPOT, you just have to be paying attention, we immediately remove them, but understand these are GANGS Doing this, when emails, phone numbers, and names don't match up, pay this person, send here, phone number is there, you are being scammed

The thing is, accounts are being hacked because of password compromises, the history of an account is meaningless if they are hacked. In this case, you have to ask questions

Tell me one person who has not had a password compromised via any number of avenues, that alone means nobody is who they say they are unless you talk to them in person.

the red flag is the DEAL

Reactions: 6.5SH
@TheGerman put up a good SOP for weeding out the scammers.
Get them to send pic of item with a can of beans, or whatever you specify to confirm, and refuse the bullshit pay options.

Yeah just tell them you need a dick pic along with the item in the picture.

If they send the pic, well, looks like they're GTG and probably really hard up (lol) for cash, so you probably could have gotten a way better price.

If they don't respond, it was probably a scam and you didn't fall for it.

If they get pissed off at you, well, you also didn't get scammed, so there's that.

You're welcome.

Check https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if your email is in lists of stolen info (among other things). You can set up alerts too.

The site has been around for a long time, and is dedicated to helping people discover if their info is in hacking data being sold in the dark web and other places.

The only way to protect yourself is to make unique passwords for each site (and then don't get tricked via a phishing attack or the like).