• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunslinger II + Gossamer G-Type Frame

jp67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2006
Into the wild
Hi guys,
i am wondering if some of you added the Gossamer G-Type Frame to their Gunslinger II pack. It seems more confortable with it.
Thanks for your advice

Reactions: DomMontague
I run the Gossamer frame in my Lodrag 2 pack. It fits the back well and I have no complaints from it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: jp67
Is there a difference with and without the frame?
Yes the frame helps give the pack support and distributes the weight when carrying a heavier load. You can run the pack without a frame, but I wouldn’t want to if you had very much in it.

Yes the frame helps give the pack support and distributes the weight when carrying a heavier load. You can run the pack without a frame, but I wouldn’t want to if you had very much in it.
Where do you install the frame ? Do you have a photo? Please

A pic would be great!!! Thanks
93660BF7-C33B-40E0-8282-DC7AAF59749E.jpeg
3E48D4DF-6310-4AE1-9890-091666AEF946.jpeg
C982B11D-0BE4-4118-823E-60045821574C.jpeg
3C932A1E-501B-46FD-869C-BF2E59FAC8E2.jpeg

I have the gossamer on my GSII.

It gives the pack some body as I carry to/from my truck loaded with rifle gear.

I have had mine for more than 5 years Im guessing and that gossamer frame is pretty tore up with mostly just carry useage.

When I actually brought the pack to the woods to carry anything I fit the tubular frame.

One thing I found weird was that I had to mess with the securing strap in order to secure the gossamer frame. Don't recall exactly what I had to do but I recall it entailed cutting some webbing to feed strap through somewhere.

The Gossamer frame is better than no frame but its not a lot of structure.

I have had mine for more than 5 years Im guessing and that gossamer frame is pretty tore up with mostly just carry useage.

When I actually brought the pack to the woods to carry anything I fit the tubular frame.

One thing I found weird was that I had to mess with the securing strap in order to secure the gossamer frame. Don't recall exactly what I had to do but I recall it entailed cutting some webbing to feed strap through somewhere.

Thanks for your advice

Thanks for your advice

Any other questions just ask.

I did a review on my GSII when I first got it many years ago.

It may or may not still be here or it may have been lost in Scout land.

I think its a good gear carry pack.

I don't think it is a "Great" pack to actually wear.

Im not a big person....if you are smaller than me it may work better for you.

For those who live in snow country, the Gossamer frame can be improvised and used as a snow shovel, so you can dig a trench, snow cave, etc. Better than using your hands if in a survival situation.

Hi,
I read your previous review from 2014 and now. Did the gossamer frame fix your issue with the rifle? Or are you still not able to deploy the rifle while carrying the bag? Just bought the gunslinger 2 and gossamer insert. Arrives in a few days. Really hope I can fit my PRS bolt rifle Inside with zero issues. Thanks -Dom

Hi,
I read your previous review from 2014 and now. Did the gossamer frame fix your issue with the rifle? Or are you still not able to deploy the rifle while carrying the bag? Just bought the gunslinger 2 and gossamer insert. Arrives in a few days. Really hope I can fit my PRS bolt rifle Inside with zero issues. Thanks -Dom

Your bolt rifle should fit either the gossamer or tube frame fine.

My GSII does very little back carry duty, mostly just luggage from vehicle to firing position. It excels in that roll.

It has held up reasonably well, some signs of use but no repairs or heavy wear. The Gossamer sheet being the exception from the sounds of it, it is pretty well cracked up. Still intact but bending and distortion have cracked it here and there.

I have had the frame tube in once since I switched over and that was for a camping trip with a small amount of back carry. I had a bolt rifle with me.

There is better if back carry is your intended use, but for the price and features included the GSII is good to go, you will find it useful.

Reactions: DomMontague
Your bolt rifle should fit either the gossamer or tube frame fine.

My GSII does very little back carry duty, mostly just luggage from vehicle to firing position. It excels in that roll.

It has held up reasonably well, some signs of use but no repairs or heavy wear. The Gossamer sheet being the exception from the sounds of it, it is pretty well cracked up. Still intact but bending and distortion have cracked it here and there.

I have had the frame tube in once since I switched over and that was for a camping trip with a small amount of back carry. I had a bolt rifle with me.

There is better if back carry is your intended use, but for the price and features included the GSII is good to go, you will find it useful.
Thanks man. What’s your go to pack for rifle carry now? Curious if their is something better for similar or 2x the price. Thanks - Dom

Thanks man. What’s your go to pack for rifle carry now? Curious if their is something better for similar or 2x the price. Thanks - Dom

I only really carry from car to firing point and I use my Gunslinger.

I find the harness of the pack to be kind of small.

There are more comfortable lighter packs out there.