• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

gunsmith needed to build a tactical rifle

270Win

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2011
I am in the process of trying to find a gunsmith to put together a tactical rifle for me... Someone who is reliable, knows his craft extremely well, proven, who is honest, is a perfectionist... you got the idea....

Accurate Ordnance, GAP, SAC, are some good guys to have build your rig.

I'm having 2 rifles built as we speak....

Accurate Ordnance -308
Jon Beanland -6.5 creedmoor

AND let me add a gunsmith who has the common business sense and courtesy to return a phone call or email in a timely manner once I have sent him money....

I'm gon a throw Joe Collier in the ring as well. Dropped off the parts for a 6mm CM build and he had it finished in about 4-6 weeks. The best part was the test target was about 0.1-0.2" center to center. He was very helpful when I was picking his mind and communication was excellent. Picked it up Thursday and shot a 3/8" group and will take it out tomorrow!

AND let me add a gunsmith who has the common business sense and courtesy to return a phone call or email in a timely manner once I have sent him money....

Tactical Rifles.net if yall know what I mean

Mark, Andrew and Dan at Short Action Customs (SAC) in Ohio.

They always return my calls, work very transparently and built the rifle of my dreams. If you don't at least talk with them, you're doing yourself a disservice.

If you are willing to pay more of a premium for 1st class service and excellent work:
Mark Gordon of Short Action Customs
Jared Joplin of APA
My friend used Mark for a full build and I had three barreling jobs done by Jared. They will return your phone calls and take lots of time explaining all aspects of the custom build. They charge a little more than others, but you get what you pay for.

If you want someone that will perform great work, but may not be able to answer your call:
- GAP

I have also had good work done by RW Snyder gunsmithing, and a friend of mine (Rob01) had a killer switch barrel rig built by Moon at Crescent Customs.

I have heard that Robert Graduous and Jon Beanland do great work too.

Another vote for Long Rifles inc.(LRI). Chad builds a really accurate rifle, and I have never had a problem cotacting him.

Marc at Spartan Precision has been extremely helpful and has answered all my questions during the process of getting a build done. He should be starting on the work for my .260 soon as the bolt from PT&G was the last piece he was waiting on. Extremely reasonable price and quick turn times.

Most of the hide sponsors will serve you well. Accurate ordnance would get my money.

Straight shooter Supply . There are some examples of his work on the hide if you do a search.

I am in the process of trying to find a gunsmith to put together a tactical rifle for me... Someone who is reliable, knows his craft extremely well, proven, who is honest, is a perfectionist... you got the idea....

You just described Jamie Dodson of Wolfprecision.net to a T.

Jamie built me my two customs. I just cannot say enough good things about him and his work! He builds every gun as if it were for himself. I know he is tied up this week but he'll be available next week if you want to discuss what you are looking to have built. He puts out one heck of a Tack Driver!!!

Jamie built this rig as well: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/257720-wolf-precision-338-lapua-1305-round-accuracy-test.html

Another +1 for Chad and the group at Long Rifles Inc. It's not too late to get in on the group buy through the Hide with them. SUPER happy with the work they did on my rifle. photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

If you have time to throw in hide member, Josh from Patriot Valley Arms is known as Bohem here on the hide. He builds some of the most accurate rifles I have seen. He shoots his own rifles at competitions and he wins or places really well with them. He's building me a 284 and he doesn't miss or skip a detail. He comes up with reamers that most of the companies above use. Not to mention, his lead time and cost is probably much better.

Another +1 for Chad and the group at Long Rifles Inc. It's not too late to get in on the group buy through the Hide with them. SUPER happy with the work they did on my rifle.View attachment 42502View attachment 42503

EXTREMELY SWEET looking rig there 101pathfinder.

Is she a .338 LM?

Whatever the case, if she shoots as good as she looks you must be shooting nats at 100. :D